Cannot connect my Samsung phone to p4p

Reaction score
I have a samsung note8 android phone and when I cannot to the p4p remote via the usb cable the go app still shows disconnected. My cable is fine and I seem to have the latest app. Help please!

I know you have said the cable is fine but does it connect the phone etc. to a computer as a data device and allow you to, in principal, transfer data to or from the phone from the computer?
A cable may charge the phone from a PC or the controller but that does not means it is capable of transfering data, which is what the App needs.
This cost me hours as I swore the cable I was using was good. That said could the socket in the phone be going? The one in my Note 4 has, possibly because of the 'hammering' it got during my attempts to connect it to the controller with a charge only cable.

Reactions: vphagura
Good point. Just after I posted my question I thought of testing my phone usb port and unfortunately it turns out that my port isnt doing what it is supposed to do. When connected to the pc it does not transfer data and looks like it does not fast charge anymore. So now I have to figure that one out. But I really appreciate your prompt response. Thank you. If you know how to fix the usb please do let me know.

I have replaced the port on my note 4, it's not an easy job and care is needed. There is a copper foil on the back of the screen on the note 4 and that got torn though it doesn't seem to affect anything and I managed to 'stitch' it together with 'tacks' of solder. Unfortunately getting genuine parts for 'old' phones seem difficult and I doubt my ebayed 'ports' are and it looks like the replacement is beginning to go so I may have to do it all again. If you are going to try a DIY repair see if you can get genuine bits.

Good point. Just after I posted my question I thought of testing my phone usb port and unfortunately it turns out that my port isnt doing what it is supposed to do. When connected to the pc it does not transfer data and looks like it does not fast charge anymore. So now I have to figure that one out. But I really appreciate your prompt response. Thank you. If you know how to fix the usb please do let me know.
Still sounds like cable. Are you only using one or trying others? May look the same but they can be completely different. Slow charge is a giveaway.

did u already go to developer settings and pick what u want the port to do?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20