Cancelling DJI Direct Order and PayPal

When I cancelled it went pretty smoothly, DJI sent a formal cancellation notice within one day and I had the money back about 5-7 days later. Ironic that order cancellation is the only dealing I ever had with DJI that went smoothly. Wish they were as good about filling orders as cancelling them .:)

BTW cancel via chat only so you can get immediate feedback. Never cancel via email since DJI often ignores emails.

I should note my experience was with a credit card so it's possible that the card company added a few days to the refund process. Paypal may or may not be better, I don't know. In my case since DJI fully charged the card and took the money I paid a foreign exchange fee, which I didn't get back.

But no, I will never order from DJI Direct again, terrible experience. And when people were buying them in retail stores DJI still couldn't tell me when my (early October preorder!) Mavic would ship. We are seeing the same thing again with the P4P and I can't imagine why anyone would deal directly with DJI over a reputable US vendor that actually gives a ****. I sure learned my lesson.

Reactions: Jason Porembski
Hi - new member and as of now, researching which Phantom to invest in as hobby. I am a long time amateur photographer and have always used B&H Photo to order high end equipment. B&H has DJI drones for sale, and this is where I would go to purchase one - any recommendations or thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hi - new member and as of now, researching which Phantom to invest in as hobby. I am a long time amateur photographer and have always used B&H Photo to order high end equipment. B&H has DJI drones for sale, and this is where I would go to purchase one - any recommendations or thoughts?
Many people like B&H and I'm sure they'd be a good choice, but maybe not the best if you happen to be in a hurry. B&H is currently simply quoting 'unavailable - pre-order only' while some other vendors actually have units in stock and will be shipping on Monday. But I imagine more resellers will be listing them as in stock in the coming weeks and if you can stand waiting you may find major vendors have better return privileges.

Thanks. You are probably right- B&H is of course a photography site. I am waiting to see what the used market is like also as someone suggested first foray into high end drones best to buy someone else's stuff.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I didn't have a problem at all. I had to cancel my original order since a DJI Chat rep informed me that my P4PRO+ wouldn't ship until all items were in stock. (I ordered an extra battery which had a lead time of 3-5 weeks) I wasn't about to wait that long so I cancelled and reordered immediately. When I placed my original order DJI simply ran a soft withdrawal to see if I had the money in my account. They won't actual charge you (now this applies to VISA/Debit card so YMMV) until the product ships. So when I cancelled and reordered, the money was still there and I didn't have any problems. (This was on a Friday) Come Monday, I saw a soft refund in my checking account when I looked online, but no money had actually been removed OR replaced. Simply a notice refund. Of course if you're using an actual credit card or PayPal it will likely be different, but if you're using a visa/debit card, you're good to go without any waiting period. Keep in mind, different banks may do things differently, but I bank at a small local/state bank and didn't have any problems.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic