Canadian Flyer

Reaction score
So as I see transport Canada’s drone registration does not seem to consider the P3A worthy of Advanced flight, that too bad, as I own one I guess there is no use taking the advance exam.
So I finally went the the Canadian Drone portal and registered my drone and took the pilot test, so I guess I am a legal Basic drone pilot now. The test is weird , with all of it’s questions about winged flight, but I guess I now know more then I did before.
I’m not applaud to the new system, as Transport Canada’s first crack at rules we going to be way out of whack, these rules make a little sense, though I still think that it’s more to keep people grounded then to promote it.

Reactions: Warnica
I agree about some of the the questions regarding the basic exam....with a basic cert we aren’t allowed to fly in controlled airspace so why all the questions about tower frequencies?

I applaud the new rules though as they overall are less restrictive and more fair compared the the interim order and not night flights are possible where they weren’t before.

Having said that if you are a member of MAAC, TC recently released an exemption for members so that basically part IX of the CARs doesnt apply to qualifying members.

Attachments

• MAAC Exemption_EN.PDF
    21.6 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:
Yes I saw that, but I think that only applies to them flying at their field or authorized events?
Here is another attachment from MAAC. Items 12 and 14 seem to indicate that isn’t the case. In any case I’ve emailed MAAC For clarification to be sure.

Attachments

• MAAC Part IX Exemption Guidance Material MW Inputs.docx.pdf
    358.6 KB · Views: 130

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers