Can you guys confirm which drone this may be?

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to the board.

Yesterday at night, here in Cotia, Brazil, I saw and photographed this. At first, obviously, I thought it was some helicopter, but there were no blinking lights as comercial aircraft should have. Then I thought it was some sort of party balloon catching fire, as we normally have at this time of the year, but the lights were all running parallel to each other in an organized manner, not in a chaotic manner as something burning up would be.

Posted it on IG and FB and majority of people said it's a Phantom 4. Could you guys help me confirm which drone this could be (if it is at all)?

Pic was made using a full frame Canon camera, ISO 6400 and 1/5s Shutter speed (hence why each light seems like it's two, but that's due to camera shake). Recovered most of shadows and did intense cropping to original picture.

_MG_0065.jpg

cheers!

Posted it on IG and FB and majority of people said it's a Phantom 4. Could you guys help me confirm which drone this could be (if it is at all)?
I can't see a Phantom in that.
It's hard to work out what the larger orange light might be.
The Phantom has four small red and green lights arranged in a square and another green light is visible on the back if the battery is facing you.
i-5SsCd5G-L.jpg

Were there any other clues?
How far away do you think it was?
Could you hear it?
How long did you see it for?

It looks like it could be a Phantom series carrying a bag, but the picture is upside down.
Why i asked for the original to see that but not sure it's upsidedown as that don't look right ether.

Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 10.27.42 AM.png

I dont believe thats any kind of Dji drone based on the lights. Its clearly carrying a payload so imo the least it could be is an inspire and its clearly not. The pic sucks really, hard to tell anything from it.

Reactions: MTO
Guys, thanks for the replies. Just to clarify some of your questions:
1) The picture is right side up as posted.
2) I agree that I could only see 3 lights. I could not identify a 4th light
3) The picture sucks, true, it was night time and did not have time to adjust my camera.
4) I couldn't hear any sound comming from it.
5) Hard to tell the distance, could've been 100 meters away, culd've been 50 meters. Again, it was at night so I didn't have any reference point
6) It took some 5 to 10 minutes to cross the sky east-bound

Pic is "crappy" because, as stated in the original post, I was using 0.5s shutter speed at max ISO, so pic came out a little blurry. I only posted this one as it had the better details, but I'll post the others shortly for your reference.

almost looks like a hot air balloon basket with anti collision lights which hang below.
adding that that lights seem to be a short distance from the "body" object and they are illuminating mostly the bottom

As you couldnt hear it made me think that something is hanging from a drone that is higher up

I’m thinking a hot air ballon as well

I can't make a phantom out of it no matter how much I squint. If it took 5 to 10 minutes to cross the sky then it is also not likely a phantom. Also the Phantom is fairly loud so if you were 50 or 100 m away from it then you would have definitely heard it. I go along with others that it seems more like a hot air balloon. At the moment it is definitely a UFO.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31