Can you feel the vibration if things are "off"?

Reaction score
If you've balanced props, yada yada, all the things that can be done to eliminate vibration...would you then feel NO vibration if you were to touch the landing skids while the Phantom hovered in front of you?

I ask because I had a weird prop problem happen yesterday. One prop stopped spinning. Took it apart to find the e clip caught in the motor, and the thrust washer miraculously clinging to a magnet.

I got a couple e clips today. There is NO WAY for the thrust washer to fit on the spindle and the e clip to attach. I've tried 300 times to get it. The spindle is not long enough. The groove does not get exposed. I tried flattening out the washer by squishing it in a pliers. That didn't help.

So I put the e clip on without the washer thinking that's better than nothing. Took it out for a flight. It flies well, controls well. Sounds normal to my ear. My video seemed noisier than the others I've done. (I've had this thing for four days, mind you.) It was super windy today, and I don't know if that's what I was hearing. But could the missing washer the cause of this noise?

When I hover it and touch the landing skids, I feel vibration. I didn't do that before I had this engine problem, so I have no idea if it was doing it before.

I guess I'm looking for some advice about how to get this dang thrust washer on. B&H Photo has given me a return label to return this unit and get a different one, which I might do. I really think this one came with the e clip NOT in the groove because the spindle was not long enough.

I don't want to ruin anything. After reading many forum posts, I'm beginning to think these things are delicate and need to be babied. It almost makes me afraid to go out and fly it.

The first three days I had with it were great.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj