Can someone explain the 5.8ghz / 2.4ghz thing to me?

Reaction score
OK, fairly new pilot here with a Phantom 3 Professional.
I want to try some wireless goggles - for example the eachine 5.8 ghz ones
BUT what I can't understand is the following:

1. Is the video feed from the copter at 2.4 or 5.8?
2. is the control freq 2.4 or 5.8?

Will the eachine 5.8 set do the job without modification or do I need goggles that receive on 2.4 ghz?

Thanks in advance for the clarification.
John in Ohio

I believe for the P3 series, everything is on 2.4ghz. However, even though the P3A/P operates on the Wi-Fi frequencies, it is not using the Wi-Fi protocol for the video feed but rather Lightbridge. I don't know if any goggles are compatible with that.
You can get the HDMI module for the RC but it is pricey at $100. From that you should be able to connect your goggles. Another approach might be in getting an appropriate app and connect your goggles wirelessly to your goggles.

I want to try some wireless goggles
Wireless goggles are not compatible with the Phantom 3 Professional (or any other Phantom model). You'll need to install the HDMI Output Module on your remote controller like this and connect the goggles via an HDMI cable. I have a list of commonly used FPV goggles here.

Wireless goggles are not compatible with the Phantom 3 Professional (or any other Phantom model). You'll need to install the HDMI Output Module on your remote controller like this and connect the goggles via an HDMI cable. I have a list of commonly used FPV goggles here.

I want to thank you and "DaMan32". You guys have prob saved me a lot of money.
OK, so I'll buy the HDMI module and install it (about $100)
Can you guys offer a suggestion for a pair of HDMI goggles that work well that don't cost $300+ ?
I wear pretty strong reading glasses so I need goggles with a wide range of forward-back focus.
I also need the left-right adjustment (eye distance apart?). Maybe you have experience and knowledge
that can help me.
Thank you,
AlienJohn - Columbus Ohio

I wear pretty strong reading glasses so I need goggles with a wide range of forward-back focus. I also need the left-right adjustment (eye distance apart?).
The Avegant Glyph headset has both of those adjustments. The diopter adjustment range is +1 to -7.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94