Can someone explain all the camera settings to me?

Reaction score
I notice on the camera settings there is the following settings. What does each one do and when would I use them?

White Balance:
- Auto
- Sunny
- Cloudy
- Incandescent
- Neon

Style:
- Standard
- Landscape
- Soft
- Custom

Color:
- LOG
- None
- Vivid
- B&W
- Art
- Film
- Beach
- Dream
- Classic
- Nostalgia

Reactions: QuikSilver15
I notice on the camera settings there is the following settings. What does each one do and when would I use them?

White Balance:
- Auto
- Sunny
- Cloudy
- Incandescent
- Neon

Style:
- Standard
- Landscape
- Soft
- Custom

Color:
- LOG
- None
- Vivid
- B&W
- Art
- Film
- Beach
- Dream
- Classic
- Nostalgia

Rather than go through every individual setting - go to YouTube and look for DJI Phantom 3 & DJI Pilot App Walkthrough & FAQ. It's done by Drones in SC and it's awesome. It runs about 35 minutes total and it's a dynamite tutorial - only thing I've seen thus far that looks like a manual!

On the items you listed above:
White Balance - helps (big time) to control exposure by identifying if you're outdoors, indoors, different kinds of artificial light, etc.
Style - I think this helps define sharpness, not sure how to describe it
Color - choosing LOG is kind of like choosing RAW in still photography. Everything gets somewhat neutralized and you control what you want in post-processing. If you click on one or two of the settings, you should actually be able to see the effect. If, for example, you choose VIVID, the color will look like it's coming dangerously close to being saturated.

There are probably a ton of videos on YouTube that would explain every one of those in great detail.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.