Can I use this SD on my p4p

I bought the following card, but think I made a mistake? Does the p4p only take a mini SD?

SanDisk Extreme CompactFlash Memory Card

I bought the 64Gig option.

It now look like it does not "fit" into the p4p?
No, that is the wrong form factor card. You want this one, or something like it:
Delkin Devices 64GB microSDXC 660X UHS-I U3 Memory DDMSD66064GB

Your P4P will come with a 16GB card installed, which will get you up and running. You may find that all you need is a 64 GB, or even 32 GB card; it depends on what you are filming.

See whether you can return that Compact Flash card. If not, I can use it in my Nikon D810. Make me an offer by private message.

No, that is the wrong form factor card. You want this one, or something like it:
Delkin Devices 64GB microSDXC 660X UHS-I U3 Memory DDMSD66064GB

Your P4P will come with a 16GB card installed, which will get you up and running. You may find that all you need is a 64 GB, or even 32 GB card; it depends on what you are filming.

See whether you can return that Compact Flash card. If not, I can use it in my Nikon D810. Make me an offer by private message.
How's that Delkin card working out for you? Looking for a good 64Gb...

How's that Delkin card working out for you? Looking for a good 64Gb...
I have had it for less than a month. No complaints. Main thing seems to be the card speed class rating. If you plan to shoot 4k video you will want a fast card. If you want to shoot stills for maps, then you want a fast card so you can cover more ground. Maps Made Easy rates U3 at 2 sec/image; U1 at 2.5 sec/image; and Class 10 at 3 sec/image. If you are shooting 5 bracketed exposures on stills, then a fast card is a good thing.
I understand that the ratings are confusing, made much worse by marketing people. Further, there is a difference between MBps, which a file size (mega-bytes) and Mbps which is a transfer rate (mega-bits). See here Mbps vs. MBps: What's the Difference? | Resources
The P4P has a maximum video bitrate of 100 Mbps, which is around 12.5 MBps (check here Convert Mbps to MBps, MBps to Mbps - Data Rate Conversions (Decimal)) so this Delkin card which is rated for a sustained write speed of 30 MBps should work.

Reactions: Techcop50
I have had it for less than a month. No complaints. Main thing seems to be the card speed class rating. If you plan to shoot 4k video you will want a fast card. If you want to shoot stills for maps, then you want a fast card so you can cover more ground. Maps Made Easy rates U3 at 2 sec/image; U1 at 2.5 sec/image; and Class 10 at 3 sec/image. If you are shooting 5 bracketed exposures on stills, then a fast card is a good thing.
I understand that the ratings are confusing, made much worse by marketing people. Further, there is a difference between MBps, which a file size (mega-bytes) and Mbps which is a transfer rate (mega-bits). See here Mbps vs. MBps: What's the Difference? | Resources
The P4P has a maximum video bitrate of 100 Mbps, which is around 12.5 MBps (check here Convert Mbps to MBps, MBps to Mbps - Data Rate Conversions (Decimal)) so this Delkin card which is rated for a sustained write speed of 30 MBps should work.
Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3