Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Hello,

I have flown DJI p3 pro in drizzle.
I got it right after fly drying.
Can that be bad?

it cant be good, but ive flown in rain before for about 15 minutes and had no negative effect. i was pretty far out and a storm rolled in, i was pretty sure it would go down but it stayed in flight the whole way. it was dripping wet .. not much inside though. I dried off, flew it later that day.

it cant be good, but ive flown in rain before for about 15 minutes and had no negative effect. i was pretty far out and a storm rolled in, i was pretty sure it would go down but it stayed in flight the whole way. it was dripping wet .. not much inside though. I dried off, flew it later that day.
Same

Drizzle and Mist (or really high humidity) can be worse than full on ploppy rain. That said I wouldn't risk it in any of these conditions.

Foolish to do it intentionally, the first few drops on the lens filter will make any footage/images useless. If you get caught in a bit if rain returning home however letting things dry off thoroughly afterwards any issues are very unlikely. Unless you have water inside the optical system in the camera I wouldn't worry.

I have flown in the rain by accident. I had a storm come up out of nowhere while the sun was shinning. It was a pretty hard rain with giant drops. I was a ways away. Full throttle back and by the time I got back the area was a mud mess. So it was a hand catch and then hop in the truck.

Everything survived, but I would not do it on purpose

I anticipate following issues:

1. Signal weakens fast in humid conditions. So risk of losing connectivity.

2. Iron and copper parts start getting corroded if left wet

3. High impedance circuits get affected by moisture resulting into unpredictable behavior.

4. Lens may not remain clear for capturing good images

Anyway P3/P4 have been designed to take care of little water [emoji97] but we should ensure all gets dried quickly. Also avoid flying in moist conditions as it affects flying range.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing