Can anyone recommend an upgraded battery for a P1?

ROFLMAO

Good for you. Do you think it will be the bird of your dreams? I sure hope so, that way you can give the FC40 to someone needy like me.

I am not sure if there is a bird in my dreams, at least not the flying type. I uploaded some video to youtube but it won't be processed for a couple hours or so. Great video platform as long as it doesn't take a dive for a couple years I'll be happy. I hear they are going to come out with a 4K camera upgrade but would prefer they just improve the HD one.

Here is a link, once it is uploaded. (excuse the music)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Maybe cause it isn't completed uploading or being processed, it will be a while and then longer for them to get it encoded into HD... still uploading. 1.5 Gigs
I thought I was the only one still on "Dial UP". ha ha ha

So Maine is like Wyoming but you have an ocean. Nice.

Arrg, me hangin up me navigation boots for the evening.

Wow that was a cool vid. A few questions if you don't mind.
1. Man how far away from you do you think your bird was. I am still afraid to go far ( new phantom flyer here who can't judge distances yet)
2. We're you using an fpv or line of sight?
3. Just wanted to say cool video again.....lol...

Wow that was a cool vid. A few questions if you don't mind.
1. Man how far away from you do you think your bird was. I am still afraid to go far ( new phantom flyer here who can't judge distances yet)
2. We're you using an fpv or line of sight?
3. Just wanted to say cool video again.....lol...

Thanks, as long as it doesn't crash there should be more. The Remote shows altitude and distance but I wasn't really looking at it then, but the software is set up to go no higher than 400 ft., I may have been 350 as a guess.

I wouldn't fly FPV unless somehow I lost visual and had to to recover but I always try to keep an eye on it. I have lost the wifi video feed to the controller a couple times momentarily and not sure why cause I saw someone online tested it to about 2500 ft. and I am sure I wasn't that far but I will see if that keeps happening.

First post, new to multi rotor bought a used Phantom and digging it.

Noobs beware - but one thing that a person can do to cram more capacity into RC Lipo is charge it to 4.3-4.35V/cell. You need an iCharger or some RC Charger which can adjust chemistry voltages and it shouldn't be left at that SOC for very long. Yes, it may degrade the pack and you should only attempt this outdoors using a good balance charger monitoring every cell channel.

But, it does work and can significantly increase flight time.

First post, new to multi rotor bought a used Phantom and digging it.

Noobs beware - but one thing that a person can do to cram more capacity into RC Lipo is charge it to 4.3-4.35V/cell. You need an iCharger or some RC Charger which can adjust chemistry voltages and it shouldn't be left at that SOC for very long. Yes, it may degrade the pack and you should only attempt this outdoors using a good balance charger monitoring every cell channel.

But, it does work and can significantly increase flight time.

So does adjusting the voltage settings in NAZA. I set them too low, forgot I had done that, flew the FC40 for 20 minutes. Now I have a couple batteries which don't perform so well. I guess if the flight must be long, it can be. Just plan on having a junk battery, at least the way I did it.

I guess a person could set a record for flight time doing that. Charge it way up and set the voltages way down in the NAZA assistant and make sure you take video so folks believe it.

Thanks for sharing Ti22. That just might come in handy for some SAR or other emergency situation.

So does adjusting the voltage settings in NAZA. I set them too low, forgot I had done that, flew the FC40 for 20 minutes. Now I have a couple batteries which don't perform so well. I guess if the flight must be long, it can be. Just plan on having a junk battery, at least the way I did it.

I guess a person could set a record for flight time doing that. Charge it way up and set the voltages way down in the NAZA assistant and make sure you take video so folks believe it.

Thanks for sharing Ti22. That just might come in handy for some SAR or other emergency situation.
That's not what he means. I have an after market charger and I can but a bit more juice into the batteries. It has nothing to do with NAZA at all. Although I can I haven't done so and only charge my cells till they hit 4.20 volts per cell.
image.jpg

That's not what he means. I have an after market charger and I can but a bit more juice into the batteries. It has nothing to do with NAZA at all. Although I can I haven't done so and only charge my cells till they hit 4.20 volts per cell.

I think I get it.
On the smart end, you can add more voltage, provided you are going to fly/drain it off in the near future.
On the "not so smart" end you can set voltages too low in NAZA and the result of combining your idea with mine would be a ruined battery but unbelievably long flight time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31