Can 2 of these be flown?

madsonp said:
Can you fly two of these in the same area without them interfering with each other signal wise?

Yes. Theoretically, you can fly any number. FPV would suffer but the radio should control the airplane. They are set to the serial number of the radio and each radio is different. That's what the 'binding' is all about. If it ain't bound, it ignores the signal. Obviously, ridiculous numbers would cause an electronic storm but reasonable numbers should work.

madsonp said:
Can you fly two of these in the same area without them interfering with each other signal wise?

Yep, you should have no problem with 2 (or 10 or more!)

ladykate said:
madsonp said:

Yes. Theoretically, you can fly any number. FPV would suffer but the radio should control the airplane. They are set to the serial number of the radio and each radio is different. That's what the 'binding' is all about. If it ain't bound, it ignores the signal. Obviously, ridiculous numbers would cause an electronic storm but reasonable numbers should work.

Thanks for your reply, that's good to know. I have a friend here who also recently bought one, and we were talking about trying to shoot video of each other flying around.

madsonp said:
ladykate said:
madsonp said:

Thanks for your reply, that's good to know. I have a friend here who also recently bought one, and we were talking about trying to shoot video of each other flying around.

The only problem is that they become a bit twitchy when flown right next to each other due to the air turbulence. Here is a silly video I did a while back - shows getting in closer (was using GoPro on wide mode so had to get fairly close to make it look worth a hoot). Took me a couple of tries because it would start to bounce around when I came in close. Finally just settled on a low-rez version. (zoomed in in post)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S89DMxPMSyo[/youtube]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31