Can’t locate the channel on my WiFis signal anymore. Anyone know any reasons why?

Reaction score
I noticed I no longer see the HD display on my DJI go screen or litchi where RC signal bars are. Also when I touch the bars to to check the channel signals I no longer see any channels. I even loose signal at close range as this is how I realized I have no channels showing to determine if signal is stable, good, or unstable. Baffling anyone that has some experience in this issue I could sure use some ideas. Thanks!

iPhone 7 plus and app version on p3 standard dji showing firmware version 1.9.20. I’ll pay you if you can help me figure this out. I have had to buy a new camera and gimbal because of a branch about 2 ft clipped a prop and flipped it and I got the gimbal dance and ordered a new camera and thought I would take my time and repair the original. DJI I wanted to much to repair and as much as a new camera setup would cost but back to the problem I fear the loss of the aircraft , maybe loosing signal is due to not being able to jump to a better channel when needed. I don’t know. So I’m king of grounded until the issue is resolved. If you can help I’ll pay you just to help. I’m 53 yrs old and I’ve been flying for about 2 years

AirPatrol1 .... DJI repairs are not cheap - but given the trouble people have getting their AC to fly again after DIY repairs - I chose to pay DJI.

I've just paid 340 Euros incl. shipping to have a new gimbal / camera along with shell repaired after my 'brush' with errant tree branch.
I could have saved about 50% of that - but then I pray I have no other faults, no g'tee .... etc. At least with DJI repair - I can go back if it has faults ...

In theory - the P3 is a machine that near flies itself - its the idiot on the 'sticks' that is the problem normally. I tested without tablet and paid the price. Something I will not do again. But it was my fault.

Nigel

That or just lack of experience in troubleshooting a mechanical device with no prior experience. I am a electrical conveyer troubleshooter. Yet trouble shooting a drone can be a challenge expensive and time consuming. Which is why I’m here on this site. Idiots don’t fly or have a drone pilot license. They couldn’t pass the test let alone comprehend

Yes a idiot would attempt a test without a device to monitor. No offense but that wouldn’t be something to tell people

Yes a idiot would attempt a test without a device to monitor. No offense but that wouldn’t be something to tell people

OK - no offence intended - but seems you have made an assumption based on the very limited info I gave.

So I will explain.

I have been RC'g for over 50 yrs ... in fact modelling for nigh on 55 yrs.

Heli's for over 25 yrs having been pals with pioneer guys in UK.

Multi Rotors for about 10 - 15yrs and with electric revolution seriously for about 10.

DJI Phantoms for about 2 years ... with P3S and P3P.

A discussion was on another forum about change of FW and limitations imposed by the latest. I mentioned that I had flown my P3S significant time before without tablet and it was unlimited, basically was a LoS machine. It was commented that later FW now limits non tablet flight to 50m radius of Home Point. I then agreed to test the FW to confirm the limitation. I have had a long history of FW / App testing in Phantoms until DJI started locking FW updates to machines.

Here's the Test flight video that ended up with my error in assessing distance to the tree ...

What I thought tree was about 30m away turned out to be near 50m and P3P was unable to fly out of it as it hit the 50m wall ...

Nigel

Anyone else have any similar issues with the default channel not showing up when trying to locate by touching RC signal bars at top right of screen? It does seem to be causing distance issues. I’m thinking maybe it’s stuck on a single channel. Any other pilots certified and licensed with any input?

Any other pilots certified and licensed with any input?

Is that supposed to mean something ??

As you say - no offence intended.

Nigel

I understand your point. Hate seeing that happen and I may experience much worse if I can’t figure out my problem. Do you know or heard of why I once saw the channel order and HD symbol and now I don’t and I am believing if I can correct that issue then the RC short distance loss would correct itself because it would auto select the next best channel so I would continue to get the RTh at short distances that I once was never getting. I have the two flat panels and the 7db Omni directional center antenna. No minor crash except for a flip which I did have a gimbal issue so I replaced the original with a new camera

I noticed I no longer see the HD display on my DJI go screen or litchi where RC signal bars are. Also when I touch the bars to to check the channel signals I no longer see any channels. I even loose signal at close range as this is how I realized I have no channels showing to determine if signal is stable, good, or unstable. Baffling anyone that has some experience in this issue I could sure use some ideas. Thanks!

Is this a Phantom 3 Standard? I've never seen this information displayed on my app.

Yes I purchased it back in may and until I replaced the camera the HD and channel numbers were able to be seen . Funny thing is with this being said I can’t even see any of the eight channels to see what is stable or unstable nor the custom option. Which leads me to believe this is only theory but fly the air craft directly overhead and no signal even at 100 ft up

Anyway my theory was no channel showing can’t switch so it looses connection easy?

Anyway my theory was no channel showing can’t switch so it looses connection easy?
Well, I'm stuck because I never realized I could search for different channels on a P3S. I learn something new everyday reading this forum.

Can't wait to see how this works, if it is possible. Could not find anything like that in the manual.

I never saw it in the manual either. I did search for it after it stop showing up not even a word about it other than utube showing and talking about it and the manual doesn’t. I’m gonna try using my iPhone 7 Plus instead of apple tab 2. To see if I see it. If not originally I started out using the LG sylo 2 and see if either shows the channels if not. I’ll go back to see if when I changed camera has anything to do with it.

I never saw it in the manual either. I did search for it after it stop showing up not even a word about it other than utube showing and talking about it and the manual doesn’t. I’m gonna try using my iPhone 7 Plus instead of apple tab 2. To see if I see it. If not originally I started out using the LG sylo 2 and see if either shows the channels if not. I’ll go back to see if when I changed camera has anything to do with it.
So maybe it's just an IOS thing, not Android.

I occasionally lose signal at short distances in certain locations but not others. It would be great if I could see what channels are stronger than others.

If you lose (control) signal and your AC engages RTH at close distance, then your problem has absolutely nothing to do with WiFi channels.The P3S uses a 5.8Ghz signal (the only visible antenna, on a stock RC) to control the AC, whereas telemetry and other commands are sent via 2.4GHz, and the two are completely unrelated (i.e. you can lose telemetry but still have control, or you can lose control when you still have full telemetry).
Flying the AC directly overhead is the worst possible way to test range, because of the antennas' orientation: send it far from you, at a reasonable altitude (like 200ft).

Yes have to add made me have a look ..p3s and p34k not have channel option on mine either,,I did think it had that option but must have been seeing things

Yes have to add made me have a look ..p3s and p34k not have channel option on mine either,,I did think it had that option but must have been seeing things
So Airpatrol mentioned YouTube videos which I'm afraid just screams of some sort of software or firmware "hack" and even then it would effect video/wi-fi channels only. Since the 5.8G signal is not truly wi-fi, I don't think any kind of "hack" would work and his signal loss may not be related to the channels. . I saw a few videos referring to P3S 4K or it's something not found on drones sold in the US. I'll have to check YouTube later.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures