Camera supply Inductor 0805 1uH - Exact parameters?

Hello.
My inductor for the camera supply filter burned recently. I want to solder a new one but I am not sure about it's parameters.

The one i found is:
  • Inductance 1uH
  • tolerance +/-10 %
  • resistance 0.40 om
  • Imax 100mA
  • temperature -40 to +85°C
  • SMD 0805
Here is a photo of the burned element:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxjl2wdh7f1patn/2015-04-27 03.10.53.jpg?dl=0

Yep they (DJI) use that as a fuse. If you can find the part give it a shot what have you to lose. Be sure to correct what ever you connected up backwards before hand. Or simply buy a new main board.

If you were using plug n play cables that were not correct for the TX get the right ones. or were you trying to install LC filter in the power line to the TX?

I was messing with a gimbal I have bought, needed the cable to be longer. It was all working fine for quite some time, till yesterday. Now I have changed it back to the stock cable and stock gimbal. I am hoping the camera is fine.

I have already ordered the part but I am not sure about the parameters, I have found quite a few similar ones. Will there be a diffrence beetween the ones that have for example IMax 100mA and 50mA?

If the spec is for 100ma and you install a 50ma it will likely blow again even after correcting the original problem.
But in the opposite case you would be OK (should make sense right?)

If you can ID L3 from the area near the 'fan' connector it's the same part and unused.

If you can ID L3 from the area near the 'fan' connector it's the same part and unused.

Isn't that one a capacitor? Like the other one that is near the cam inductor.

Buying the board is the last resort, I hope it will work after I am done with it. I am still a little bit afraid about the camera. I guess I will measure the current before connecting it back

Last edited:
Well I'm only looking at a schematic not the board.

L3 and C4 make up the identical (series) circuit for the fan connector.

In between them they connect to pin 1 of the fan connector.

I only see a transistor(I think) around there. There is a similar looking element near the "can" plug though.

Yes, there is a transistor, Q2 as part of the fan connector's related circuitry too.

Again, I can only refer to a schematic not topography. Sorry I can't help ID the coil.

Yes. When I accidentally shorted out the end of the white camera cable once when i had my phantom powered on with the plug dangling and it hit a tool on my counter it burned out that same dohicky thingy.

And I could not find a replacement till i noticed there is one going unused right next to were that fan connector plug is on the other end of the main board. So I ended up stealing it from there and moving it over to the one by the camera wire connector and it fixed my board and gave me all my wifi and stuff that feeds threw that circuit to and from the camera.. tho it was a bit tricky to get it soldered right but once i did it was all good as new again.

...tho it was a bit tricky to get it soldered right but once i did it was all good as new again.

Yeah, I am not very good at soldering such a small elements, so I am planning to train some on an old burned GPU. I am waiting for a super pointy tip I have ordered for my soldering station.

Edit: I have successfully soldered the inductor and the camera is working fine! I am so relieved. The soldering is not too pretty, but it will have to do - took me few hours anyways.

Last edited:
Reactions: J.James

Is the schematic in the public domain? Care to share it?

Yeah, I am not very good at soldering such a small elements, so I am planning to train some on an old burned GPU. I am waiting for a super pointy tip I have ordered for my soldering station.

Edit: I have successfully soldered the inductor and the camera is working fine! I am so relieved. The soldering is not too pretty, but it will have to do - took me few hours anyways.

Dear uber6, can you give a link of the component for the camera circuit or at least give the specs of the one you installed? I blown it up myself and i want to repair it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers