Camera settings

Reaction score
I feel like that all of my pictures in low light have a ton of noise for some reason....? I'm new to photography, especially with a drone but I just cant get a clear picture for the life of me with my P4P+. I can post a couple when I get home in a couple hours.

Any ideas or tips...?

Low light is always going to be noisier. You need a certain number of photons on the pixel to get a good signal. In the Sensor World, we talk about Signal to Noise (SNR) and you need a minimum SNR to make a good measurement, which is what you are effect doing when you take a picture. Any detector has noise, and the signal that you want to see has to be above that by some level before you 'detect' it. You can increase the exposure time, but that increases the chance of causing blurring in the picture. Are you shooting in Manual or Auto? You didn't say how the pictures look in 'bright' light (i.e. full sunlight).

I have been shooting in auto for sure. Here are a couple of pictures.

Videos look great. Just can't get the hang of taking good pictures!

Your pictures look great to me! Just got a Phantom 3 Standard and can't wait to take some nice shots.

I say you are doing great. I suggest that you look up and understand how ISO works as well as shutter settings. They all work with each other to help produce great pictures. You Tube is your friend! :)
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

250e41f7529e7d8107dcae1e0f0d452d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic