Camera Question.

Reaction score
Good afternoon!! a friend of mine picked up Phantom 2 from a storage locker unused still in the box. however original Phantom 2 had no camera. I have a couple Phantom 2 visions that I don't really use.... Am I able to put the camera from my vision + on the Phantom 2 ?basically he doesn't want to fly it until he can get at least the telemetry or some kind of flight info in front of him while doing so. If I cannot connect the vision+ camera , what other option do we have to set up live flight info and or camera? the camera I'm looking to use is that silver neewer vision plus cameraDoes it have to be the white egg-shaped camera or a third party camera that doesn't show any flight info....Thanks for reading.

Good afternoon!! a friend of mine picked up Phantom 2 from a storage locker unused still in the box. however original Phantom 2 had no camera. I have a couple Phantom 2 visions that I don't really use.... Am I able to put the camera from my vision + on the Phantom 2 ?basically he doesn't want to fly it until he can get at least the telemetry or some kind of flight info in front of him while doing so. If I cannot connect the vision+ camera , what other option do we have to set up live flight info and or camera? the camera I'm looking to use is that silver neewer vision plus cameraDoes it have to be the white egg-shaped camera or a third party camera that doesn't show any flight info....Thanks for reading.
Back in the drone stone age, there were three different models in the p2 series: as the Phantom 2, the P2 Vision and P2 Vision +
The P2 was not compatible with the cameras of the Vision and V+ models.
People who bought the P2 could buy and fit a gimbal and GoPro camera + equipment to transmit the liveview + a monitor for viewing.
It's a complicated way to build something that is much less advanced than current drones.
I'm not sure how the cost would compare or if parts would be available still.
You might be able to find more info going through old posts in the P2 forum here

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj