Camera not level when flying sideways

Reaction score
When I fly sideways the camera stays not level. Anyone else have this issue to (Gimbal is set to FPV)?

I find my camera has a levelling issue. I can slowly rotate the bird, pausing to take photos yet they all have a slant. It's not the wind as the slant is in the same direction. sometimes it levels out by itself especially when hovering without any other control inputs.

Yes there is a software problem. Mine loses its level when panning and flying sideways as well. Has nothing to do with the gimbal settings FPV or Follow, but flying sideways in FPV will definitely result in a off level horizon.

Last edited:
Yes there is a software problem. Mine loses its level when panning and flying sideways as well. Has nothing to do with the gimbal settings FPV or Follow, but flying sideways in FPV will definitely result in a off level horizon.

Same with me as well. Just started happening the other day for no apparent reason. It's only when you move to the side left or right, the gimbal tips down into the direction you're moving.

Follow mode is better but I have the following problem:

When I fly and the gimbal is level and I turn to the left or right, the horizon is so much off level... When I try to calibrate the gimbal when flying.. It's good for one direction, when I turn the camera, the horizon is off level. (right click --> save as)

So when to calibrate the gimball and have I to do calibrate the gimbal when the P3P is on a level surface or what? It's so frustrating. Tilting horizon during moving camera is hard to edit in post-processing...

This is what happened: LINK. (right click --> save as)

There has been much discussion about this. The crowd sourced opinion on this one is that there is a software bug that we all hope will be fixed in a future firmware update. I think if we're each honest, we all are having the same problem.

Chris

I wonder if this is the same as my gimbal issue? When the drone rotate in the Yaw direction the gimbal also goes down in the roll direction, when the drone stop its yaw rotation and stands still the gimbal slowly goes up again (roll) to its normal position.
This makes all videos totally unusable, the horizon is tilted to one side and then slowly moves up to a leveled out position.

In my case I'm pretty sure the gimbal has been involved in a crash, so i don't think its a software issue in my case. I have been looking at the gimbal and even dismounted the gimbals Yaw axis where the back motor is located but couldn't see anything out of the ordinary.
It means that the gimbal always moves in a roll movement when it is moved in the yaw direction, strange.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31