Camera board or downlink board...

Reaction score
Took the Drone Dunk challenge yesterday, it was only in the water for about 8 seconds.

It's a P3A and I took it completely apart yesterday, lots of compressed air, methyl hydrate and heat.

Drone works perfect, gimbal works perfect, but I only got video to my phone for about 30 seconds then it quit. The camera controls on the phone are greyed out and I'm wondering if there is a way to diagnose wether it is the video downlink board or the camera control board that has failed.

The board at the top of the gimbal/camera assembly has a little water indicator sticker, and it's pink now, but again, would like to confirm which is the offending board.

Then of course where to source one out.

Thanks in advance,
Brian
Kingston, Ontario

Any help anyone?

I tried taking a photo or video then check the card, but it was empty.

Any help anyone?

I tried taking a photo or video then check the card, but it was empty.
The quickest diagnostic process would be to swap the camera between a known good camera/AC combo but that may mean you cook something else in the process.

If the OFDM board is supplying power and gimble movement control to the camera I would suspect connections followed by camera main board as the culprit. You may be lucky and just have a partial short/ground path from some gunk in the camera. You also may find something cooked during your last flight.

I took it all apart again tonight and tried cleaning everything again.

Now that I've had some time with it there are a couple things I've noticed.

Camera and live streaming are greyed out, space remaining on the ad card reads 0 on a freshly erased card, gimbal status reads disconnected, yet it operates fine and I can calibrate it, and at the top of the viewing screen a red message saying no video transmission signal, and the camera controls & menu are greyed out.

I'm thinking the board at the top of the gimbal... any better thoughts?

03c9f67f019111b115f080f8a5e3ffc7.jpg
1769cd7729e927a4b6e19f852656457f.jpg
c2b9557a12f395840b6a120128a1f8a9.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20