Calculating a large job

Reaction score
I'm trying to work out the feasibility of a (very) large job.

I've been sent a kml that describes the site. The site is approx 30k long but the kml is broken up into multiple separate lines and polygons at the moment, so when I try to import the entire file into something like DroneDeploy or Pix4d capture neither is coping particularly well.

I could edit the kml to list all of the coordinates as a single set but I'm not even convinced this would work.

At the moment I am trying to understand how many man days (and how many batteries) it will take to survey the entire site, then how much data this will result in and how long it will take to process that data.

There are added complications such as the terrain itself (this is a civil engineering project) and the accuracy of the survey data required.

Any recommendations on the best approach to using the kml? Should I just edit it to a single list of coordinates?

thanks

Any recommendations on the best approach to using the kml? Should I just edit it to a single list of coordinates?
You lready know, but just in case, the KML file is a Google Earth file.
You can open it in Google Earth and use the measuring tools there to work things out.
You can also have Google Earth open on the big screen and set up DroneDeploy missions on your tablet if you needed to do that.

Thanks both for the replies. Frustratingly they have drawn lots of individual lines rather than shapes and they aren't even in order in the file.

Anyone have any insights on what the largest area that drone deploy can practically handle for a single kml is?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl