Buying Used P4 - What to Look Out For?

Ozz

Reaction score
Got a decent deal on a P4 - going check & collect it tonight. Upgrading at last from my P3S.

I will have only a short time to check it - so any tips on what should I be looking out for?
Supposed to have only 2 hours flight time on it... so Im planning on looking from prop damage on both sets- and checking battery cycles, and short flight test.
Anything else to watch out for with P4's

Thanks!

How much are you getting this deal for, if you do not mind me asking?.

Only reason I ask is because today is the last day to buy a brand new P4 at Costco $929 - free shipping.

Costco P4.JPG

To answer your original question I would try to fly it, is possible. If that's not possible bring your mobile device with DJI GO App loaded and turn everything on (RC, DJI Go App & Aircraft), without the propellers initialize the motors to look for errors in the App.
Also test the gimbal movement with the RC, try to take pics and video.

Reactions: Ozz
Got a decent deal on a P4 - going check & collect it tonight. Upgrading at last from my P3S.

I will have only a short time to check it - so any tips on what should I be looking out for?
Supposed to have only 2 hours flight time on it... so Im planning on looking from prop damage on both sets- and checking battery cycles, and short flight test.
Anything else to watch out for with P4's

Thanks!

also inspect the shell for cracks, check that the gimbal's horizon is level ( could be issue with calibration if not) looks for any scuffs or indications of a crash.

Reactions: Ozz
So after visiting him - found out the whole story - wasnt straightforward -
drone was crashed and returned to DJI for repair who sent out a new one rather than repair it (he had official dji letter- cost etc) - so battery was original with 14 charges on it - drone itself was basically new and without mark anywhere - 6 months waranty left.
Cheapest new at the moment here (Europe) is still about $1400 (amazon - slightly cheaper than dji) - but I'm guessing prices will drop fast once the P4 Pros start being more readily available.

So after visiting him - found out the whole story - wasnt straightforward -
drone was crashed and returned to DJI for repair who sent out a new one rather than repair it (he had official dji letter- cost etc) - so battery was original with 14 charges on it - drone itself was basically new and without mark anywhere - 6 months waranty left.
Cheapest new at the moment here (Europe) is still about $1400 (amazon - slightly cheaper than dji) - but I'm guessing prices will drop fast once the P4 Pros start being more readily available.

Plus one on the price drop once the P4 PRO starts to ship and be more readily available, of course if you can wait. Basically he is selling a refurbished drone with 6 months warranty left. He does not want the refurbished one and wants to buy a fresh drone, either a P4 or the P4 PRO, clever. The P4 is a great drone, last weekend Obstacle Sensing System (OSS) saved me from a crash, it would have been my fault. Not a single scratch, I love it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers