Buying the first DJI drone

Reaction score
Dear all,

I've made an account here because I would like some tips from more experienced DJI drone flyers.
The past half year I have been practicing with drones. I want a drone for making hobby videos from holidays.
To start with this hobby I have bought a Hubsan X4 502S.

I started flying with this drone for rougly 2 days (!) before it flew away. Probably was to high and to inexperienced. Drone gone, never got it back again.
I bought a new Hubsan Xs502S because I still had the remote, the quadcopter itself wasn't so expensive. However, this drone broke after a month because the motor was to hot. I got it repaired and flew again. Few weeks later, the drone broke again.

During these weeks/months I have gotten a good taste of drone flying is like, and I really like it! However, because the drone broke twice, flew away once, I am curious about how this is with DJI drones.

So can you tell me, do you need to spend alot of time with maintenance with a DJI drone? Or can I just buy one, and fly and keep flying and enjoy the hobby?

I would like your opinion before I spend 1000 euro's, only to realize the drone is broke in a month again.

Thanks in advance!

Yours sincerely,
Jasper

I can assure u flying a dji drone will be like nothing u have ever experienced....it is an awesome technology to have at your fingertips....u do still have to be careful and abide by rules...make sure when u get it your return to home point is high enough....when flying stay under 400ft. Etc. These things practically fly themselves but like I said you still have to be careful as far as maintenance goes there really is none just take care of your batteries ...and make sure you don't hit anything with your props and they will last a very long time... if you do happen to hit them off of something or they get beat up in any way , change them out.

However, because the drone broke twice, flew away once, I am curious about how this is with DJI drones.
So can you tell me, do you need to spend alot of time with maintenance with a DJI drone? Or can I just buy one, and fly and keep flying and enjoy the hobby?
DJI drones are much more advanced and better built than the toys you've been playing with.
They are very reliable and pretty well maintenance free.
Mine gets a hard working life flying professionally and it's always good to go again.

Dear all,

I've made an account here because I would like some tips from more experienced DJI drone flyers.
The past half year I have been practicing with drones. I want a drone for making hobby videos from holidays.
To start with this hobby I have bought a Hubsan X4 502S.

I started flying with this drone for rougly 2 days (!) before it flew away. Probably was to high and to inexperienced. Drone gone, never got it back again.
I bought a new Hubsan Xs502S because I still had the remote, the quadcopter itself wasn't so expensive. However, this drone broke after a month because the motor was to hot. I got it repaired and flew again. Few weeks later, the drone broke again.

During these weeks/months I have gotten a good taste of drone flying is like, and I really like it! However, because the drone broke twice, flew away once, I am curious about how this is with DJI drones.

I would like your opinion before I spend 1000 euro's, only to realize the drone is broke in a month again.

Thanks in advance!

Yours sincerely,
Jasper
Definately buy yourself a Dji drone their top quality and heaps of fun as well great value for money especially the phantom 3 se model

Get a p4 just the standard model, i just seen one sold here for $600 2 batterys and a iPad, omg you can't go wrong, just read this forum about fly aways (99%) user error, and generally how it works and go slow with the process and i can promise you will have no problems

Get this simulation. It may save you a lot of money in the long run.

RealFlight Drone Simulation

I also started of with a cheap drone, a SYMA X8 Pro from memory
Then I purchased a P3 Advanced and have not looked back...
There is no comparison as the P3 is miles ahead in terms of technology and ease of flying
As for maintenance a spare set of props is about it...
just take care of your batteries and enjoy the 20 mins of flight time ( the SYMA X8 pro only had 5-8 mins)

Also before you start flying read the manual at least 2 times.It helps to have a understand of what you may experience before you get in the ****

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4