Buying new tablet, what works the best?

I bought an iPad mini 3 new from Best Buy, ($85 off) and it works perfectly.

I did EVERYTHING recommended to get my samung tab S 10.1 ready for lag free flight and I got horrible lag tonight with my tab S . I whiped it clean turned off all auto downloads turned off wifi, everything... but it was laggy and not good. Went back to my S6 and it was flawless at the same exact open space for two full batteries. My impression is that the tab s has all the speed needed to run the app, but it's not eeven close to my S6.. any ideas? Is it not good enough? I believe it's got comparable spec to the iPad air 2? Ugh

Only device rocking the A8X processor and 2 gigs of RAM. Also the only Apple device with the super nice anti-glare screen.
So? My ipad air 1 works perfect and my ipad mini 3 also works flawlessly.As for the anti glare screen you can install an anti glare screen film for 5 euros.

Also consider the Sony Z4 Tablet, the most powerful and beautiful android tablet!

491cd8871c2943202deb34160b0d2baa.jpg

Inviato dal mio SM-N915F utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi all, can you please define the lag you're experiencing?

Is it the time lapse from when you wave your hand in front of the P3, and the movement of your hand shows on your tablet...?

I seem to recall my P2 having very little w/ the wifi, whereas my P3 shows more by comparison.

Mark

I am confused reading all of this...

Does I need Ipad with Cellular ? Is that needed only to load the map anywhere ? or because of the GPS / GlonASS?

Flight Sim only works with IOS ? Android does not have it ?

If I don't have the cellular option, only map caching offline will do ?

It is not a must have, but it is a nice to have. The cellular versions have gps, so that helps a lot with maps. Also dynamic home point plus other potential features need gps. WiFi only tablets also work very well, and maps can be cached in advance.
re: cellular. Does the tablet need to have the cellular phone enabled, or does Phantom only use the GPS and other hardware associated with the cellular without actually needing a phone service?

I have used iphone 6+, samsung S6 and Samsung tab s. 10.5

Tab s screen is the best u can get for day time use and very very good display.

Yes known android problems. But fixable.

I am confused reading all of this...

Does I need Ipad with Cellular ? Is that needed only to load the map anywhere ? or because of the GPS / GlonASS?
Doesn't need it because you can cache maps at home over wifi before flight, but if you want dynamic home point to work or to see yourself of the map, you'll need it because iPads w/o cellular don't have GPS.
Flight Sim only works with IOS ? Android does not have it ?
Yes, iOS only.
If I don't have the cellular option, only map caching offline will do ?
Yes.

In red

So? My ipad air 1 works perfect and my ipad mini 3 also works flawlessly.As for the anti glare screen you can install an anti glare screen film for 5 euros.

I have both and there is absolutely no comparison between a thick anti-glare shield on an Air 1 and the fused and coated anti-glare screen of the Air 2. None.

Reactions: Oso
Hi all, can you please define the lag you're experiencing?

Is it the time lapse from when you wave your hand in front of the P3, and the movement of your hand shows on your tablet...?

I seem to recall my P2 having very little w/ the wifi, whereas my P3 shows more by comparison.

Mark

The lag I experienced on my Samsung Tab S 10.1 was a constant partial second "freeze".. like a slow strobe light type feeling (obviously without the light flashing). My Samsung S6 was nearly flawless. On the Tab S I did a full reformat, turned off Wifi, etc. Could it be the OS? any other updates I should do to it? Or is it just not cut out for this unit?

Does the radar distance and orientation work with a tablet or only with cell because of compass?

Does the radar distance and orientation work with a tablet or only with cell because of compass?

It works fine with a WiFi only tablet. Distance calculation and orientation is from the bird to the recorded home point.

There are a few things that happen when you fly using the app

You can see:
Bird location - bird GPS
Bird orientation - bird compass
Your location - device GPS
Your orientation - ???
Radar: Bird distance from you - bird and device GPS
Radar: your orientation and the bird in relation to you - bird and what???

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4