Buying new tablet, what works the best?

Reaction score
What has worked the best for you guys? I was thinking about an iPad mini or an iPad, will an iPad fit? Just wanted to see what you guys have and what works, thanks!

What has worked the best for you guys? I was thinking about an iPad mini or an iPad, will an iPad fit? Just wanted to see what you guys have and what works, thanks!

I bought a Nexus 7 2013 just for the P3 and it is working great. http://amzn.to/1QBW19A

Note that if you go for an iPad, you will want the cellular (not just wifi) version. Personally, I think a full size iPad would be a little large atop the P3 controller. The smaller tablets are a good fit IMHO.

I use an iPad mini 2 (not cellular). Only difference with the latest version 3 is the fingerprint sensor. I had it well before buying the P3P and has worked pretty good. I do find the screen quite reflective so have anti glare screen protectors on order. Made myself a DIY sunshade so hope the combination works. I find the weight is good. I cache the map of where I'm gonna fly beforehand so I can switch off wifi etc when I'm flying and find that works really well. I've not had any lag or cut outs from the FPV or the app, but I'm a fairly new flyer and just worked my way up to 200m elevation and 500m distance. IMHO if you already have a Mac and iPhone and in Apple ecosystem then the iPad mini 2 is a good buy.

Air 2 > everything else

Question: do you guys use the radar where you see the direction of the quad in relations to you? If so do you know what it's using? And if it's compass do these tablets come with it?

Does it have to have cellular?
It is not a must have, but it is a nice to have. The cellular versions have gps, so that helps a lot with maps. Also dynamic home point plus other potential features need gps. WiFi only tablets also work very well, and maps can be cached in advance.

Has an anti-glare screen. Runs the A8X processor and has 2 gigs of RAM. Fastest tablet out and it runs the iOS Pilot app beautifully.
K - quick question. Do you enable hardware acceleration with your Air 2? Just asking since I read that it was initially an issue (reboots) and I just want to be clear when my Air 2 arrives later. Thanks.

Easy. Air 2 or shield. Anything less is to weak. I tried many and the only 2 with truly smooth video is the 2 listed. The air and mini 2 and 3 might work well I did not try those but I tried a couple Android tablets.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4