Buying a fallen P3S

Reaction score
Hello!
I'm looking forward to buy a used drone next week, I have offered a Phantom 3 Standard. For a price 250€.

Everything sounds good, seller says, that it does everything, no problems. I saw pictures and it looks good.

My question is - what to check, when I see the drone? I want to make sure that nothing (or maybe some small thing) is only broken. I have seen drones, which camera doesn't move or it twiches. I want to check this drone fully.

Reactions: dazzer
How high did it fall? Is the camera still in there. Best thing is to actually try the drone. If the seller is honest and has nothing to hide he will let you. If he lives too far away and it has to be posted then its a risk. If at worse you bought it and it doesn't work you could more or less cover your loss by selling it in parts

I would not consider a P3S at that price. What is the cost new? Here in the USA we can purchase the P3S for less than $400 USD which is rough guess at about 330 euro. I recommend saving your cash. Unless your experienced at rebuilding. Then this seems resasonable

Reactions: DigitalSkyPilot
I bought a PS3 and the owner "said" it was just the remote that needed some wiring and I was prepared to fix it or get another remote
He failed to tell me about the burned out motor when it crashed and the motor over heated while trying to turn
Unless you're prepared to do some work I would buy new.
Check the arms closely by the motors for cracks.
There are authorized dealers here selling refurb units for $314 US, 267 euro, (when available) with a 1 year warranty
You get no warranty

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl