Broke the 1 mile barrier tonight.

I have flown 56 missions for a total of over 6 hours with my Phantom 4 with no crashes or issues. Knock on wood. On any given day when I fly my drone I always do a compass calibration. I use DJI Go and Litchi both.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I have autopilot instead of lichi. My first crash was because I was trying out the orbit mode. I was in the middle of a softball field with what I thought was plenty of space. When I hit the go button it went full speed into a tree. It happened so fast there was nothing I could do.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have autopilot instead of lichi. My first crash was because I was trying out the orbit mode. I was in the middle of a softball field with what I thought was plenty of space. When I hit the go button it went full speed into a tree. It happened so fast there was nothing I could do.

So, I'm just a little curious. Are your crashes due to pilot error or drone or software error?

Operating in the US automatically sets the Tx power to 27, so it's not needed. You can, however still use Magicpower in the US if you wish to lock in a certain wifi channel or lowering your Tx power to 20 for amplifier use.

Actually the U.S Rc is set at I believe 20dbm. Everyone that has used the mod inside the USA has seen a increase in video range and also less latency on the video feed including myself. The mod is easy to do and also totally reversible.

It takes' a few auto RTH and having your bird come back home to develop confidence in your craft, those are real pucker factor flights. I remember my first out over the ocean flights and not going out too far, one day my wife said "what's the difference in dropping in the ocean a couple of hundred yards out or a couple of miles, it's a gonner either way" Then what really made me braver is when she said " well if you lose it we will just get another one" gotta love that woman!:D

That is a good woman!

I'm much less fearful of dropping out of the sky (highly unlikely without a prop fly off or bird strike) than I am of landing in the drink... One of those situations where the wind changes offshore and you realize you don't have the juice to make it back into this 15mph headwind.

What I've learned is - watch your speed at all times. There can be a 15mph crosswind and you can remain relatively unaffected, but if you're suddenly travelling at 56mph, know that you're going to be doing a max of 30-36 when you turn around. It gets extra screwy because you cover so much more ground with a tailwind, further putting you out of reach for a return trip. Return can get unattainable quickly.

I've even seen videos where use coke cans to boost the signal.

Me too.

On a much larger scale, for long distance wifi, I saw a guy cut a 5 gallon bucket in half. Spray paint the inside silver and then put an antenna like this inside:

engenius-eag-2408-2-4ghz-8dbi-outdoor-omni-directional-wifi-antenna-n-conn-1e0ccb4d757401b69508510f8ca771df.jpg

You guys know.... you could make this yourself for nothing (as long as you have a few of these things around the house) and in under 15 minutes.

How to build your own Windsurfer Antenna

You could make that one. Just to see if it's going to work for you. Then if it does, buy the professional looking one.

It takes' a few auto RTH and having your bird come back home to develop confidence in your craft, those are real pucker factor flights. I remember my first out over the ocean flights and not going out too far, one day my wife said "what's the difference in dropping in the ocean a couple of hundred yards out or a couple of miles, it's a gonner either way" Then what really made me braver is when she said " well if you lose it we will just get another one" gotta love that woman!:D

Well. That just made total sense!!

I am in no way a techie...but couldn't you "overpower" it? More is not always better

I have no clue, I don't even know if what I posted is correct it is just what was explained by another member in an antenna thread. It would be great if someone who knew the answer 100% would chime in.

To further this discussion I did some googling and according to what I have read about dbm ratings this is what I figure. So If the p3 is 20dbm EIRP that means transmit power plus antenna gain. So whatever that stock antennas gain Dbi is plus the tx dbm and you have the total transmit power (if I am reading it right). It would also then mean if you used magic power to put the tx at 27dbm then added a 7dbi antenna you should be at 34dbm EIRP

I have no clue, I don't even know if what I posted is correct it is just what was explained by another member in an antenna thread. It would be great if someone who knew the answer 100% would chime in.

I know. It is confusing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT