BREAKING!!! U.S. Will Require Drones to Be Registered

Thats what people said about a "kill switch" in iPhones, then it was made known in certain circles there was in fact a "kill switch" built in to iOS 2.0. It was not publicly made known till iOS 8.0. Keep in mind that DJI wants to keep selling items to hungry US consumers with disposable income. To do that they must keep the FAA happy. They have been working together for some time now. Who to say they haven't built in a "kill switch" of their own?
Think about it.
consider.gif
Theoretically possible, but if it works as effectively as the No Fly Zones, we have nothing to fear!:cool: While the U.S. is certainly a major market for DJI, they are an international company that sells their drones worldwide. There's also always a workaround or a hack! :cool: Plenty of highly motivated and competent owners out there who are used to DIY and making it work anyway!:D

Theoretically possible, but if it works as effectively as the No Fly Zones, we have nothing to fear!:cool: While the U.S. is certainly a major market for DJI, they are an international company that sells their drones worldwide. There's also always a workaround or a hack! :cool: Plenty of highly motivated and competent owners out there who are used to DIY and making it work anyway!:D
Just build from scratch if thats the goal. Thats what I did before I bought my Phantom2Z.

Thats what people said about a "kill switch" in iPhones, then it was made known in certain circles there was in fact a "kill switch" built in to iOS 2.0. It was not publicly made known till iOS 8.0. Keep in mind that DJI wants to keep selling items to hungry US consumers with disposable income. To do that they must keep the FAA happy. They have been working together for some time now. Who to say they haven't built in a "kill switch" of their own?
Think about it.
consider.gif
Only the technologically naïve believe otherwise. If it broadcasts it's at the very least vulnerable and probably collecting information. People fail to recognize in the "information age," they are the product.

--zigs

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Only the technologically naïve believe otherwise. If it broadcasts it's at the very least vulnerable and probably collecting information. People fail to recognize in the "information age," they are the product.

--zigs
All drones are subject to jamming of their WiFi control frequencies, which theoretically should result in a RTH based upon the GPS satellites, as soon as the drone loses the transmitter signal for more than 3 seconds. They wouldn't just fall out of the sky, unless they were succcesfully shot down. The P4 will definitely need to feature preprogrammed anti-heat seeking missile evasion tactics! :p

If the Amish were the one's requiring the car registration, maybe it would make more sense to you...

Reactions: JKDSensei
Plenty of unregistered cars and unlicensed drivers out there.
Sure doesn't stop them from driving and getting into accidents.
Neither will drone registration.:cool:
The unlicensed drivers driving unregistered cars and getting into accidents also don't have insurance or any money, and arresting them and impounding their cars without an accident ocurring first takes all night and requires lots of paperwork, so the cops don't even pull them over! They have better things to do!:rolleyes:
Why should drone registration do anything to help?

Last edited:
Plenty of unregistered cars and unlicensed drivers out there.
Sure doesn't stop them from driving and getting into accidents.
Neither will drone registration.:cool:
The unlicensed drivers driving unregistered cars and getting into accidents also don't have insurance or any money, and arresting them and impounding their cars without an accident ocurring first takes all night and requires lots of paperwork, so the cops don't even pull them over! They have better things to do!:rolleyes:
Why should drone registration do anything to help?
I'd like to live where you do. Around here cops pull people over for anything and everything.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'd like to live where you do. Around here cops pull people over for anything and everything.

If they even look like illegal aliens, around here, they get a free pass.
If they go to the Emergency Room, and don't speak English, and have no money or insurance, they also get free medical care! What a country!:eek:

If they even look like illegal aliens, around here, they get a free pass.
If they go to the Emergency Room, and don't speak English, and have no money or insurance, they also get free medical care! What a country!:eek:
Yeah it is truly sad the direction we are going.

IMO, what is speaking the loudest is PERCEIVED threat to safety & privacy whether it actually exists or not. Yes, some people are acting like they are playing with toys because some of them are and then you have the "commercial" drones like most of us have. Every time you see the word "drone" in the news, it is not good. Hence, the PERCEIVED threat. Can we stop that? Doubtful. Can we "police" our own? Not even possible. How would we even do that? Sound good in theory, but it's not possible. At this point, I'm not even going to waste my emotion on this issue. It is what it is and I will continue to do what I do as safely and as smart as possible. It was inevitable, I guess, so, whatever!

Ahh, how sweet that you've taken the time to read all 1,077 posts I've made over the last 2 years.
Are you a student of Evelyn Wood perchance?

Yes, I think it is unfair that we are all punished due to the behaviors of a few idiots.
But now those idiots will have registration numbers, and if they need punished, only they will get the punishment while the rest of us can continue to fly. Works great for me!

That's funny.... if it's a debate (which this seems to be) he has to agree with someone. I find that he has agreed with me on this subject (or we agree with each other) - so it appears if GoodnNuff doesn't agree with YOU he doesn't agree with anybody... interesting.

So by your definition NOT registering is the first step to confiscation ;)
If you never had to register your vehicle you wouldn't have to worry about it. Everyone has gone along with it for so long noone questions it and the government collects our money year after year. It is to far gone to do anything about. New implimitations like the one faced with the UAS whatever it may be, can be challenged.

If you never had to register your vehicle you wouldn't have to worry about it. Everyone has gone along with it for so long noone questions it and the government collects our money year after year. It is to far gone to do anything about. New implimitations like the one faced with the UAS whatever it may be, can be challenged.

Notice the wink... I was kidding. I am pretty clear what your stance is :)

Notice the wink... I was kidding. I am pretty clear what your stance is :)
I thought you were hitting on me with the wink. I didn't want to say anything about it just in case. I was going to say "I appreciate it but I'm going to have to decline" lol

I thought you were hitting on me with the wink. I didn't want to say anything about it just in case. I was going to say "I appreciate it but I'm going to have to decline" lol
Ahaaaa come on now
sexy-smile-captain-jack-sparrow-27459932-500-308.gif

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT