BREAKING!!! U.S. Will Require Drones to Be Registered

Hopefully all drones 3 pounds and up.

P3P is 2.6 ;)

I guarantee you they will include the Phantom in whatever criteria they come up with. From a sheer numbers standpoint it is what is flooding the market right now and they know it will be that much more come the holidays.

The chinese kit builds are going to play havoc with implementing this. I bet it will be limited to 350 and up turn key video capable systems.

I guess we shall see.

Did you say register drones or register guns. I'm confused. Government after the drones... What happens to the guns. I guess the drones have hurt more people. I gotta move to the Caribbean!

They don't have serial numbers. You don't have to pass a background check to buy them. I don't see how it can be anything other than voluntary.

Let's say you don't register it. Who is going to figure out you haven't? Does the D.O.T. have investigators that will fan out over the country, looking for violators? Are local police going to? I doubt it, there is no law involved, certainly no state law. No federal law, so the FBI won't have jurisdiction. There could be a fine involved, but again. How are they going to enforce it?

The real questions are once I've registered my drone, and of course paid the required fee, can I now make money with it, or do I still need to use my gimbal equipped kite to do aerial photography for profit? Is my 333 Exemption now a complete waste of time? Do we need 3" tail numbers on our crafts? Do we contact ATC for clearance?

Anyone want to guess thee fee? I'm thinking $45 per craft.

JD

Reactions: CHeRoKee DRiFT
I'm not one to try and warn of the dangers of excessive government interference....but.....

That's all.....Have a nice day.

9195591-large.jpg

Reactions: Mike Drone7
If no one registers they will be **** out of luck. But I'm sure there will be a bunch of sheeple who will just step in line like mindless idiots.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Why are people so afraid of registration? We register a LOT of things... cars, water craft, trailers, guns etc. etc. etc. Do you register any of those things? Does that make you a sheep?

As far as I am concerned, I fly responsibly - so make me register if you want to... you are not going to find my Phantom sucked into the engine of a Jet or breaking through the windshield of a jet - because I don't fly irresponsibly.

How are they going to enforce it? Easy... if you are doing something illegal, and they catch you... they will ask for your registration - and if you don't have it - you'll get a fine. Good lord... the worst it will get is like having a fishing license.

I'm interested to see how they plan to do this by Christmas - but I don't fear it... if this is the worst thing that happens to the industry... we are in pretty good shape.

Why are people so afraid of registration? We register a LOT of things... cars, water craft, trailers, guns etc. etc. etc. Do you register any of those things? Does that make you a sheep?

As far as I am concerned, I fly responsibly - so make me register if you want to... you are not going to find my Phantom sucked into the engine of a Jet or breaking through the windshield of a jet - because I don't fly irresponsibly.

How are they going to enforce it? Easy... if you are doing something illegal, and they catch you... they will ask for your registration - and if you don't have it - you'll get a fine. Good lord... the worst it will get is like having a fishing license.

I'm interested to see how they plan to do this by Christmas - but I don't fear it... if this is the worst thing that happens to the industry... we are in pretty good shape.

meh.
I think I already pay enough taxes and fees TYVM

Yeah cars and trailers. Not guns though. And yes it does make you sheep to just blindly follow without even questioning something. Hunting and fishing licenses are another thing. It's my God given right to feed my family and I have to have a license to do that. How many ways do they need to make money that they will never use for its intended purpose. Just keep coming g up with ways to collect money and have more control at the same time.

Reactions: JKDSensei
meh.
I think I already pay enough taxes and fees TYVM

Well... THAT I agree with... I mean I am not looking forward to the fee... but I am really talking about the idea of registration as some kind of threat...

Reactions: JKDSensei
Yeah cars and trailers. Not guns though. And yes it does make you sheep to just blindly follow without even questioning something. Hunting and fishing licenses are another thing. It's my God given right to feed my family and I have to have a license to do that. How many ways do they need to make money that they will never use for its intended purpose. Just keep coming g up with ways to collect money and have more control at the same time.

Yeah.. as I said above to another comment... I am not thrilled with the fee... but that's not really what you're arguing about is it? I don't think following a law is doing something without questioning it. The way we question laws in this country is to litigate them up through the court system... we don't just choose not to follow the law. That's what I was talking about. If this is made a law... I'll follow it. At some point the law will get tested in the courts and we'll see what happens. However, I don't see how simple registration will violate the constitution of the United States.

I don't think registration, however, will stop people from doing stupid things.

I don't think following laws (if this becomes one) makes someone a sheep... that's all I was saying.

Some of you guys haven't even seen the final shart the government makes up and you're already willing to register?
How will registration solve anything? The NBC report talks about a pilot flying into JFK reporting a drone. Even if its registered, how will anyone ever know which one of the registered ones it is?

The government doesn't have the funds to do this. As many units that are out there and as easy as it is to build your own. No way this will happen

Reactions: hot dog
Here is what I think will happen;
We will be required to register our drones, at which time they will be assigned an identification number of some sort that will be affixed to a drone. If your drone is ever involved in a crash or goes rogue and becomes a serial killer, The Man will know who to come after.
I also imagine that if we are seen flying in a restricted or "unsafe" area LE will have the authority to ask to see our registration papers (hopefully they will need "just cause" to even question us), if we aren't registered we will probably be fined - perhaps the drone confiscated until we register it.
Whether I agree with it or not, I wished we would have policed ourselves better.
This doesn't come as a surprise, does it?

What does this mean, registering. That I need to send in a paper and say it belongs to me? Or that I can't fly?
well, i'd bet the first thing it means is you will pay a fee for such registering services. i'm kinda surprised the gov. got on this so fast. but it also sounds like registering a gun. and we all know how effective that is. retail purchases and online purchases will be affected. better make those purchases by december.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
Here is what I think will happen;
We will be required to register our drones, at which time they will be assigned an identification number of some sort that will be affixed to a drone. If your drone is ever involved in a crash or goes rogue and becomes a serial killer, The Man will know who to come after.
I also imagine that if we are seen flying in a restricted or "unsafe" area LE will have the authority to ask to see our registration papers (hopefully they will need "just cause" to even question us), if we aren't registered we will probably be fined - perhaps the drone confiscated until we register it.
Whether I agree with it or not, I wished we would have policed ourselves better.
This doesn't come as a surprise, does it?
X2 bro.
i wonder if this will affect the heli guys?
this is a good example of technology getting squeezed for money and regulated in the big picture.

Some of you guys haven't even seen the final shart the government makes up and you're already willing to register?
How will registration solve anything? The NBC report talks about a pilot flying into JFK reporting a drone. Even if its registered, how will anyone ever know which one of the registered ones it is?

The rule will state "a banner with 9" high contrast lettering" as shown...

Drone Reg Numbers.jpg

JD

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31