Bounty...of sorts $3000 to the winner

There's a team working on trying to hack the f/w for many weeks now and they're not the first.

Not heard much around here lately on their progress.
I "was" big supporter of this. But, sadly had to abandon thing as i do not have free time to fly as much as i would want..

back on topic. Hard to get proper bitrate. I think it's quite close to hardware limit aka you'll not get better video without massive hardware/software tweak. p3p is great & expensive toy. sometime maybe someone crack it but i'm not sure that would be some 1,2,3 step patch install to get better video.

One way or another I am getting this bird in the air with usable footage. "Professional" is in the eye of the beholder and the cell footage is "good enough" for my projects and a LOT better then the dji footage. If no takers on the bit rate hack Ill just settle with the cell concept.

You overlooked the previous message that folks have been trying for months, close to a couple of years, to hack Phantom f/w???

Neither is a Nexus tablet but he has apparently gone down that road too.

I just defined "professional" here is what the big book says:

"(of a person) engaged in a specified activity as one's main paid occupation rather than as a pastime."

so, since I make movies for a living, I guess I can use that word as I wish for whatever gear I use to do it with....

Lets stay on topic shall we? If not I am not going to any longer post in here with this fun little project using the Phantom.

call it gents. I'd love to share the joy and fun but, again if you wish me to go away. I will. The blogger who is going to help me can just keep all the fun to himself if you like.

Back OT ...for the 3rd try:

So It looks like the Nexus 5x has the same camera as the 6p so I will be using that platform to build this little mod from. I have enlisted the help of a pretty prevelant blogger, he will essentially act as the R and D guy to pull the actual doing of this off. I will be oversight and overall design. He loves the idea and is more then willing to put in the time to get this done for his blog and some credit in our upcoming films we use the device on.

So I gotta go get the phone now and help find some schematics etc for him to get going. Thinking the 5x now is the one I want...doing some research on the horsepower now of that device, needs to be able to handle 4k 20megabit that the app requests without dropping frames.

who owns the nexus 5x...need to test the app on it and see if it records without skipping frames in 4k....anyone?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31