Bounty...of sorts $3000 to the winner

Reaction score
On my phone so I'll make this short:

Phantom 3 pro is an amazing crippled machine for pro work .

It's completely crippled at 60megabit

My nexus 6p with a raw app records 4K at 200megabits, and it's fully theatrical quality and used in my upcoming movie for cutaway shots mastered in full 4K.

This phantom needs a jailbreak on the camera recording bit rate bad.

I will loan anyone who can show me they can actually fix this issue 3,000usd.

The catch is once you prove its possible I'll need to gather enough guys (should be easy) whom will pledge a small amount to pay me back via having the phantom upgraded they own. I want no profit, I simply want a professional machine to shoot professional images for my projects. 60 megabit is a joke, and a cruel one at that.

Judging by 800 people on the change.org dji petition I can see that the group who feels like me exists.

Now let's get busy. Who wants to be the Rock star who gets this going and makes an otherwise amazing machine truly shine?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: stoneyb245
If you're doing professional work where you need that quality just buy an Inspire 1 with x5r. You get raw 4K an an average 1.7Gbps

Not available yet

Plus I like the one man band aspect of size and ease of use in p3 pro, also own inspire, waiting for x5r release

It sounds like you got enough ambition and resources to do some real good, save kittens, feed the homeless, fix city budget problems, etc. just buy a better camera platform and then use your energy for your real calling Clark.

Reactions: Ed209
It sounds like you got enough ambition and resources to do some real good, save kittens, feed the homeless, fix city budget problems, etc. just buy a better camera platform and then use your energy for your real calling Clark.
...really?...

There's a team working on trying to hack the f/w for many weeks now and they're not the first.

Not heard much around here lately on their progress.

Last edited:
It's folks like dirty bum that always have and continue to feed me and keep me going. I dearly love them because they always come to the rescue when I need some solid motive to keep going.

Ya got to luv the nay sayers, if everyone thought like this the worl would still be flat.

Well I will nay say this:

The P3 camera will never exceed 60MB/s without over clocking and significant cooling measures. End of story.

Precisely. If you've got a spare 3K for a toy, just get an Inspire. Problem solved. Despite it's name, the P3P isn't really for real "pro" work. And in reality, the Advanced is basically as good since 4K is not commonplace yet. By the time it is commonplace, a P6 will be out...

Well I will nay say this:

The P3 camera will never exceed 60MB/s without over clocking and significant cooling measures. End of story.

Reactions: N017RW
The only way this is a 'Professional' camera is in the fruity-colored alcoholic dreams of the marketing staff. So close, yet so far away. Fine if you don't have to do much post processing, but like a fragile JPEG, it tends to fall apart with any manipulation.

But for $799, it's pretty dammed impressive.

Fasten your phone to your P3.

I will let you know where to send the cheque.

Reactions: Tim in Florida
Fasten your phone to your P3.

I will let you know where to send the cheque.

LOl I am already getting another phone to take apart, remove the camera "head" from it and glue it to the p3 camera. beat you to that one LOL

and for the record guys it's NOT 60MB a sec it's 60mbit a sec. so more like 6 MEGABYTES per sec currently and the phone app is 20 Megabytes per sec. so yea, 6 -> 20 is a HELL of a lot more data to be stored, hence the phone looks amazing and the copter looks like [EXPLETIVE REMOVED] with trees and grass.

offer stands gents, Ill fund it if you can do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the record since you guys enjoy the piss out of snide remarks, the Inspire is the same putrid 60mbit as the phantom. so NO PROBLEM NOT SOLVED until the x5R is released. thanks you [EXPLETIVE REMOVED]. :)

put downs, coy remarks, snide jabs are all fine you basket of lovley dronie men. But remember this, I see them ALL and know exactly what your subtext is and why you are spewing it.

I came here to make an offer, I will gladly withdraw if you guys feel that progress is bad, making better products is wrong and anyone with an idea and an offer should be shot.

I will happily leave your little nest here if you wish. let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets lighten up a little in here shall we?
And please refrain from using curse words on this family friendly forum.
Thanks.

Cool, a voice of reason. Thanks Mr Mod. So back on topic, does anyone know anyone that can or wants to take a stab at a camera bit rate hack so we can all enjoy a better image? I am still willing to put some cash down to make this happen. Meanwhile I am deff going to be getting a nexus 6p, removing the camera head (
) and trying to extend the camera cable about 1 foot so I can attach the phone to the drone and shoot real usable 4k.

Where do you guys think I can find a ribbon cable that will work or how do you think best to mod the camera cable setup to get 1 foot of length from it?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl