Bought my Phantom 4 from best Buy today...

I bought mine in store and the store gave me the $119 in taxes back to price match their eBay store.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

How did they/you handle that tax refund? Just take it to the front and tell them 'hey on the .com I can buy it for 1399 and no taxes'?

Last edited:
I miss typed. I bought mine online and picked up in store and that's where they gave me the $119 in taxes back as a price match.

How did you hand
I miss typed. I bought mine online and picked up in store and that's where they gave me the $119 in taxes back as a price match.

How did that PM actually work? Usually on a store pickup you pay taxes. I understand the ebay store does not charge taxes on in-store pickup, but I'm curious.

Reactions: arcaine25
Here is a step by step process for ordering a P4 and getting the most money back.
1) Go to Online Marketplace | PlentiPlenti and search Best Buy in their Online Marketplace.
9fe5360f3ccb36f8999f4ff517081ed6.jpg

2) Follow the link to Best Buy and search for the P4. Add it to your cart and sign in so you get your rewards bucks back.
3) select which store you want to pick it up from and buy it.
4c7b500b8372ad2f8484bc43176a8eac.jpg

4) go into the store and pick up your order. Tell the sustained service folks that the drone is tax free on the Best Buy eBay store.
4a7bae7ce10e5e4cbe25cc5dfc46c8d3.jpg

I'm not following his thread anymore. So if this wasn't clear to you then you shouldn't be flying a drone. Hope you save money buying your P4.

Here is a step by step process for ordering a P4 and getting the most money back.
1) Go to Online Marketplace | PlentiPlenti and search Best Buy in their Online Marketplace.
9fe5360f3ccb36f8999f4ff517081ed6.jpg

2) Follow the link to Best Buy and search for the P4. Add it to your cart and sign in so you get your rewards bucks back.
3) select which store you want to pick it up from and buy it.
4c7b500b8372ad2f8484bc43176a8eac.jpg

4) go into the store and pick up your order. Tell the sustained service folks that the drone is tax free on the Best Buy eBay store.
4a7bae7ce10e5e4cbe25cc5dfc46c8d3.jpg

I'm not following his thread anymore. So if this wasn't clear to you then you shouldn't be flying a drone. Hope you save money buying your P4.

I was going to say thanks for including info about plenti which I had not heard of but wow

Reactions: arcaine25
The current OAS system is like an airbag if you didn't buckle your seatbelt. If you properly set your RTH altitude high enough for the terrain and obstacles on your route, and effectively use your FPV to look for upcoming unanticipated obstacles, the front facing OAS is completely unnecessary and redundant. The only real benefit I can find to OAS is that turning it on cripples the speed to 22 mph, which prolongs battery life, helping deliver close to the advertised 28 minute flight time. If you use Sport mode or turn off OAS, forget about getting anything over 20 minutes, and expect closer to 15 minutes. I previously only got 12 minutes in ATTI mode at full throttle with OAS off.
Well, I've USED active trac. The OA or CA (collision avoidance)worked flawlessly and was most impressive. The videos I saw were super short in outside "real world" test and it was in the desert, where 40' in the air would be way better then the 10' they were doing it in. My P4 followed me without any extra module that we don't even know the price on. There are 100 different things that can happen in a flight, I've been using the AutoFlightLogic beta for the p4 and where I am at, I'll take my CA on a RTH (I haven't needed and have no distance issues either) If I want to flip to S mode I can do that too. Either way with CA on its as fast as a Typhoon H no matter what mode it's in.
I got 23 minutes the other day, and started with a 93% battery, as these cells break in I think we will see them level out, that's why I think we should be using them. All the way down, mine to 6 and 4% and then of course all the way up when your gonna use emq

Last edited:
Well, I've USED active trac. The OA of CA worked flawlessly and was most impressive. The videos I saw were super short in outside "real world" test and it was in the desert, where 40' in the air would be way better then the 10' they were doing it in. My P4 followed me without any extra module that we don't even know the price on. There are 100 different things that can happen in a flight, I've been using the AutoFlightLogic beta for the p4 and where I am at, I'll take my CA on a RTH (I haven't needed and have no distance issues either) If I want to flip to S mode I can do that too. Either way with CA on its as fast as a Typhoon H no matter what mode it's in.
I got 23 minutes the other day, and started with a 93% battery, as these cells break in I think we will see them level out, that's why I think we should be using them. All the way down, mine to 6 and 4% and then of course all the way up when your gonna use emq

you'll have to forgive my ignorance, but I know all the acronyms are, but not CA, so could you tell this idiot what CA is?

you'll have to forgive my ignorance, but I know all the acronyms are, but not CA, so could you tell this idiot what CA is?
Lol I'm sorry, some of the guys been calling Collision Avoidance instead of Obstacle Avoidance, thus the CA term

Lol I'm sorry, some of the guys been calling Collision Avoidance instead of Obstacle Avoidance, thus the CA term

Makes sense now... :D

This is terrific that you guy are able to get 30 day return policy and sales tax free if you buy at EBay BB and do in-store pick-up.

I went to the BB in Scottsdale and they told me no in both counts.

Which BB did you purchase from so I get there information and then educate the Scottsdale store?

Don Barsr

FYI... BB has the P4 package deal with 2 extra batteries for $1560.98. My P4 was purchased the beginning of April for $1399.99 Customer service let me pay the difference for two batteries... Ended up getting two for $80.49 each.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I went to get the $1560 package, but they were out of batteries, so they took $338 (the price of 2 batteries) off of the $1560

AMC that's a great deal $ 1222... lower than cost of the Typhoon H! They only had one battery in stock at the BB I went to... the second one is being shipped for free should have by Wednesday.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's a big win for DJI to have gotten into retail outlets that have their own return and guarantee policies. I have 2 P3P's, and a Yuneec Typhoon H ordered. Almost got a Phantom 4, but decided on the other brand this time. But I'll be all over the Phantom 5 I bet!
Yeh, I'm holding off until the typhoon H is released too. That is looking so good. No hurry this time around. But no props & no legs in shot and 360deg cam rotation is a great bonus. I have time on my side.

I was looking at the Yuneec Typhoon 4k while I was there, it just never appealed to me, and honestly lightbridge really sells it for me. I mostly prefer my custom builds for certain applications, and my Hex is my super stable platform (running a Tarot 680 pro with a Tarot ZYX-M FC, Tiger Motors MN3110's and Tiger motor CF props, 30ish minutes flight time with gimbal and cam, love that thing!) but the Phantom 3 and now Phantom 4 are my other performer choices. Glad to know it wasn't a fluke that mine is a good machine.

The Yuneec is a good looking unit. However, having reviewed what both have to offer, the Phantom 4 is by far the better bargains. Better material is built on the 4. Also, battery life and distance of drone is what sold me on the Phantom 4.

It's a big win for DJI to have gotten into retail outlets that have their own return and guarantee policies. I have 2 P3P's, and a Yuneec Typhoon H ordered. Almost got a Phantom 4, but decided on the other brand this time. But I'll be all over the Phantom 5 I bet!
It is good to check out all your options. All units can have their pluses and minuses. The six engines on the Typhoon seem to attract many as a plus. I can see that point although it seems to me the heavier weight on these types of crafts make it a necessity to have six engines. Personally, what keeps me coming back to the Phantom 4 is the smaller design. I don't want to be carrying around a big aircraft. For me smaller is better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair