Bought my Phantom 4 from best Buy today...

Very small world indeed! I live in Seattle now but attend SIU and was born and raised in Gorham a small town West of Murphy along the Mississippi River. Cool to see so many from that area here. :)

I have some friends from Gorham and the surrounding areas! :)

Reactions: Marc Hufnagel
Too bad that they don't price match bundles and charge tax.

I have edited this as I have found out that the purchases from the BB store on eBay DO NOT qualify for reward zone points.

===============
Go to the BB store on ebay - find the phantom 4 1399.99, put it in your cart, checkout. No tax even for a store pickup. Sometimes It's worth paying some state tax to get a NQA exchange or return if needed in my thoughts.

Last edited:
The sales tax at BB gives you the 30 return or exchange privilege, as an Elite member, and just buying a P4 and an extra battery qualifies you for Elite status!

Reactions: Marc Hufnagel
It works like this IME...

1) Majority of buyers that have no issues and you'll never hear from them.
2) There will be a percentage of bad units out there and some squeaky wheels will be louder than others.
3) The hobbiest will over analyze, pick things apart, scrutinize, complain but not one of them would go without it.
4) The Late adopters, without owning one will come to tell you exactly why they don't and you shouldn't own it but will eventually buy P4 once P5 is out.

P5 is released and the cycle will continue

Reactions: arcaine25
Quite handy how it works perfectly for Elite. Even from Ground Zero of no points.
Indeed! With the P3P, it required several extra batteries to get to Elite with your P3P purchase, especially after the price drops!

2) There will be a percentage of bad units out there and some squeaky wheels will be louder than others.
3) The hobbiest will over analyze, pick things apart, scrutinize, complain but not one of them would go without it.
4) The Late adopters, without owning one will come to tell you exactly why they don't and you shouldn't own it but will eventually buy P4 once P5 is out.

The previous reality is that most issues were never discovered because the new pilot crashed the aircraft through pilot error before they were ever discovered! With OAS, new pilots will hang around longer, but most still will never realize the radio control and battery duration limitations because they will never fly beyond VLOS, and have not been spoiled by the W323 P3P. :D

Maybe add 2a. The ones that have something wrong but aren't 'in tune' enough like us to really know it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So I have been drooling ever since the release of the P4. I loved the new features in theory, as I know that not everything is 100%, especially right out of the gate. I sat back and watched the early adopters buy theirs, complain about this, complain about that etc. And while I know DJI has had it's fair share of disappointments on early releases, and that there will inevitably be lemons in the mix (assembly line computers have failure rates too, for crying out loud... it's mass produced technology with tiny working electrical parts that are sensitive to many things, including being tossed around by a shipping carrier), but I have to say I am angry for listening to ALL the complainers.

I had one heck of a deal today at Best Buy. my mother in law gave me a $600 gift card to BB for helping them with their computers (I am an IT professional, network engineer and System Administrator for a Bank) all the time as well as the rest of their family when trouble arises. I tried NOT to take it, but gladly did in the end. In deciding what to do with my new found "extra" cash, I found that my local BB (I live in Southern Illinois, lots of rural farm area here...) had a P4 in stock, as well as 3DR Solo, Yuneec, etc etc etc... I currently have a P3 Advanced and a Standard, so my preference is DJI, and my experience with DJI has been a pleasant one, so naturally that is what I gravitated towards. They had a local promotion that if you buy any technology product with a new BB Credit Card, you get 15% off as well as I could choose 12 months at 0%... so i signed up and was awarded a BB card, I mean how could I pass this up? If I didn't like it I was even told I could bring it back in 15 days, no harm no foul.

Fast forward to the last couple hours... I updated Firmware, and charged the batteries... Calibrated the IMU and flew like a freaking champ! My only regret thus far is that I listened to the complaints and haven't purchased one sooner. What a great little machine, and I love my custom builds and my P3's mind you, but this thing is absolutely amazing, especially in sport mode!

If I could change one thing (so far) it would be the updating of the Firmware. I prefer the SD card method, but as far as I can tell, you must connect the P4 to your mobile device or a PC to install the firmware? That was a small hassle, but not terrible, and didn't take long.

Have others had similar success? Am I the only one? Have I completely created a redundant thread that will get deleted quickly? lol

Not that I would, but I would totally sell my P3's and just have this one if I had too... I won't, because I love my P3's and have them for specific purposes, but I would not be overly depressed if I had to keep only one, and I would choose this!

For those on the fence and who have the money, and are having troubles deciding.....don't let the negativity scare you away!!!!!

If you truly don't need the features included in the P4 that aren't on the P3, and you are trying to figure out what Multirotor to buy, then stick with a P3 Advanced, you can't go wrong there either, but if you can swing the $1399, by all means get t his puppy!

/rant
Now you can listen to "ALL" the complainers as you wife and mother in law rant that they wanted you to use the $600 on your wife!!!!LoL

Reactions: arcaine25
I also bought my P4 from BB. Love it so far. My only complaint is that it drops in altitude (sometimes as much as 25%) whenever I come to a stop or take off from a standstill. It's annoying. My P3S did not do this at all. I assume it's the sensors on the bottom that cause this but it really seems like an issue, especially if you want to fly over water. Anyone else experiencing this? Any solutions?

The altitude drop is happening in only a few bad birds… You should exchange yours as there is currently no solution other than replacing it with a different bird doesn't do it.

For anyone who bout their P4 from Bestbuy, go get your taxes back from them. If you paid more than 1399.99 for the P4 then you should get a refund. They sell the P4 on eBay for $1399 with no sales tax, same day pickup. I talked to the customer service folks and got my $120 in taxes back.

I need to clarify something I found out this morning. Purchases from the Best Buy store in eBay DO NOT qualify for reward zone points.

I bought my P4 from Bestbuy online, via the Plenti redirect. I got $35 in bestbuy rewards and $35 in Plenti rewards. When I went to pick up the P4 I showed them the eBay listing from BestBuy. They credited me the $119 in taxes.

I bought my P4 from Bestbuy online, via the Plenti redirect. I got $35 in bestbuy rewards and $35 in Plenti rewards. When I went to pick up the P4 I showed them the eBay listing from BestBuy. They credited me the $119 in taxes.

When you say 'best buy rewards' do you mean you earned reward points on the purchase through ebay? I ask because of the statement on the ebay best buy store that explicitly states you cannot earn reward points from purchases there. I also cannot track a purchase made from the ebay store on the .com website section 'account'.

I bought mine in store and the store gave me the $119 in taxes back to price match their eBay store.

Reactions: GadgetGuy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31