Bought another P3! I have questions!

Reaction score
Excited to say that I just ordered a brand new P3A! I already own (and love) the Phantom 3 4K. However, I just couldn't resist the Lightbridge technology that comes with the P3A and P3P. From what I've read/heard, it's a night and day difference between Wifi and Lightbridge.

I had a couple of questions before it arrives later this week.

1. Can I continue to use the DJI go app for both birds? In other words, will they each have their own saved settings when I connect/fly them? I still plan on flying both birds.

2. I've read that I should update the firmware in both the P3 and transmitter before connecting the bird to the DJI Go app for the first time. Is this correct? The firmware update process seems easy enough, so that shouldn't be a big deal.

3. Aside from an initial compass calibration and user settings/preferences, is there anything else I should be aware of that I'm missing?

I truly love this site and appreciate all of the help I've gotten from you guys. Looking forward to more valuable feedback!

Can I continue to use the DJI go app for both birds? In other words, will they each have their own saved settings when I connect/fly them?
Yes.

Aside from an initial compass calibration and user settings/preferences, is there anything else I should be aware of that I'm missing?
If you'd like to update the firmware, you can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

1. Yes, you can use the same tablet with DJI Go app for both.

2. It's up to you to upgrade the FW. Follow the steps given by msinger

3. You need to calibrate IMU in cold condition and also calibrate sticks to be sure all is well.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I use the same iPad mini for both of my P3As. Since the settings like for the cameras are stored on the birds, when I fire up the system the app brings up the last settings for the bird I'm using. Both the Go and Litchi apps work just fine switching between controllers and birds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav