Bored of flying

Reaction score
Hell all and thanks for taking time to read this

Actually i start thinking now after i got my P3 for almost 2 months now. Start to feel bored with my toy. The question here:

What you guys do to keep interest in flying everyday?
Do you meet up with other pilots and race?
Start youtube channel maybe and upload daily flying footage?

What you do ??

Cheers

Reactions: Colbycheese08
A change in scenery might make you a bit more interested. Go to different places, rather than fly around fields (like I do), do some old buildings, churches etc

Or try something different like at night. There are some good pictures of light trails on here, or try a night time video. You have a very awesome machine in your hands, use your imagination :)

I like some of your suggestions Cyclone, as just buzzing around a field all the time is drudgingly boring after a while, but unfortunately part of the CAA bumf says we can't fly at night, one the activities which would probably add much more interest, what with the pretty coloured lights
:D

The problem is that p3 is an AP machine and if you don't use it for that it becomes boring to fly. At least P2 had manual mode that allow to train to perform tricks and makes the flight in a simple field much more interesting. P3 is to record video and take photos only so change places and travel is needed...

Reactions: taroh
How about doing day trips to different places of interest and flying there. Are you flying just for the flying sake or do you shoot pics and video? If you are editing, one thing that makes flights interesting is shooting the exact same footage as closely as possible and then seeing if you can superimpose one shot over the other to show the differences. Your flying skills need to be spot on for that. There is a video taken from UAV footage running around the internet of the changes from summer to winter and back and shows the advance and retreat of a glacier.
Finally, you can try making long range test flights out over the water or try to reverse a low altitude CSCs to test your adrenal glands.
If none of these work, I'll buy your setup for 50 cents on the dollar and you can move on to something more exciting.

When I'm driving around I find myself looking around for new places to fly,I look up at the trees to see if it's too windy etc.
when I make camping reservations I try to find scenic places.
Wayne

You need a project.

I have a number of plans - map the entire length of a local canal (first summit level canal in the British Isles), film a steam train crossing a local viaduct, an early morning view around my home town etc. I did a project last year of where I live now and it got 11,500 YouTube hits. Not bad for an old bloke! Clip links in the signature below.

One other idea that I have is a time lapse of some projected works on our local park. Stand in the same spot every day, put the phantom up to the same height and take a photo. Do this for the entire length of the works, then make a time lapse of it. Should be good, if the weather allows it.

Make videos of local landmarks (when there's nobody else around). You'd be surprised at the amount of people who are interested. Get on a forum where there are old photos of where you live, and try to replicated those today and post them up.

Practice getting good at photography. Now that's hard!

There are lots and lots of ideas. But flying around an open field all day? Not for me. I have a handy testing field where I go to investigate upgrades, test firmware out and to practice using IOC etc, but get out into the real world and get working!

Reactions: davemex and Bigdz
Thanks for your replys guys. You got me start thinking again about what i can do. And I think am leaning towards projects times lapse and range test over sea with low altitude. This will keep me interested everyday and fly everyday. Now have to find a project [emoji29]

Reactions: happydays
The problem is that p3 is an AP machine and if you don't use it for that it becomes boring to fly. At least P2 had manual mode that allow to train to perform tricks and makes the flight in a simple field much more interesting. P3 is to record video and take photos only so change places and travel is needed...

+1

I've enjoyed flying for decades.
The P2 in Atti. is fun and in Manual is a rush.

Hell all and thanks for taking time to read this

Actually i start thinking now after i got my P3 for almost 2 months now. Start to feel bored with my toy. The question here:

What you guys do to keep interest in flying everyday?
Do you meet up with other pilots and race?
Start youtube channel maybe and upload daily flying footage?

What you do ??

Cheers

Do you like taking video and photos? That is the question for you?

If not you bought the wrong item. I bought mine as it re kindled my love for photography. I also bought mine to make money once the faa gets it together.

Your right the novelty will wear off fast unless question one is considered positive. Your question is a good one more will fall into the same bordom soon like you.

Try crashing into things. It makes things interesting... or just buy some HeadPlay HD goggles and an nVidia Shield Tablet. Now THAT is a new experience!

If you are bored flying......put your quad in manual mode and see how far you can fly before flipping the switch back to the gps mode.

Go experience that and then come back here and let us hear how bored you are.

I kept my Phantom 1 for this reason. I never had a problem with it. Still like new and all the flying is manual. No Tablet Device needed. Just plug a battery in and fly. I have a GoPro for it, but mostly fly it camera free. I enjoy flying it as much as my P3P.

If you are bored flying......put your quad in manual mode and see how far you can fly before flipping the switch back to the gps mode.

Go experience that and then come back here and let us hear how bored you are.
No manual mode on P3...

Definitely fly in Attitude for a bit. That will make you more proactive on the sticks and you won't have time to be bored (at least until you master it, which will take some time).

Secondly, pick up an ND/CP filter if you haven't yet. It might breathe some new life into places you've already flown by providing more vivid scenery, especially with bright sunlight.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20