Bored of flying

The problem is that p3 is an AP machine and if you don't use it for that it becomes boring to fly. At least P2 had manual mode that allow to train to perform tricks and makes the flight in a simple field much more interesting. P3 is to record video and take photos only so change places and travel is needed...
Perfectly agree.
Recently I also feel, half boring, half fear. I have an aim to shoot video at beautiful southern small green island this summer, so now modifying P3 to decrease jello, make and modify many parts, cut ND filter, adjust props, also practice, practice, practice to shoot better when needed... but everything I shoot is the same "test" footage of same scenes in same parks nearby. :)
Also, any flight has danger to break or lose my bird. If I stack her on tree, my plan in beautiful island disappears.
So I recently ordered $60 Sima toy, for practice, and relieve my frustration. :D

This April, I had experiences to fly over Sakura trees, all were my neighbors, but the footage was incredible.
Only one week, boring park nearby changes a heaven. This year was before P3, but next season I'll try again with P3P 4K camera. Once had such experience, it's like a drag. I dream the very limited special chance, and will continue flying to shoot boring parks... ;)

I treat my P3 and P2 100% as aerial video and aerial photography platforms. I will never run out of things to film and new ways to present that footage once it has been created. As others mentioned, you own an awesome aerial video and aerial photography platform, it just so happens to require a bit of flying as well.

If you want something that will make you sweat from the minute you spin up the blades to the minute you land, try an rc heli. Or if you want something cheaper to fix and a lot of fun around the house, get a hubsan or something similar, set up an obstacle course in your house and be prepared to be entertained for hours. That ceiling fan just became your biggest challenge, or that couch is suddenly a fun obstacle to skim along.

I built my own quad for fun flying last year. (Hoverthings Flip) I only use my P3A for high quality photos and video. I shoot places that I grew up...churhes, streets, interesting homes/buildings. I post those pictures on facebook under those respective neighboorhoods facebook pages so the people who live there can see their neighboorhood from a different perspective.

Last edited:
Probably depends on your area. In Utah there are a ton of great places to see. Going out by myself and taking some photos of those areas would be a little boring. But taking my Phantom out and trying to get some good video and shots to post is a lot more interesting. So for me, its all about finding a place to go out and fly and then working on getting some great video. I also work flying into my other hobbies and outdoor activities. Lastly, I like to do testing on my own. It gives an additional purpose to flying.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj