Blade strike just posted this on RCgroups

Reaction score
3km with full bars!

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 918
Music to my ears. Best thread posted this week. Cheers GB phantom

Looks promising for the EU version but i guess the 1000ft maximum height restriction could pose a problem for distance seekers.

Last edited:
Unfortunately for EU folks, I've heard elsewhere (I think Simon's recent video) that it gets power output from GPS; so presumably if you're in a country with regional requirements, it will adjust accordingly.

Of course, this is not necessarily gospel until it's released.

Whats the 12.36 across the the top line with a H in the middle and 2 other points. At first i thought this was his flight time with maybe a new homelock postion thrown in at the middle of that flight time, but then i notice the battery level is still at 76% so that cant be right surely. All so i notice his flight recording time under his start stop button is 4.48, so thought he could have start and stopped recording during this flight, but this still wouldn't have only drained the battery down to only 76% at over 3k distance would it. I am lost with this on screen data and to be honest pretty lost in mind as we have just come back from a meal out with clearly to much to drink for myself.

pretty impressive 3 km in four minutes.. With 75% battery.
So it looks like it will get 15 to 20 minutes flight time.

As for this CE FCC issuse, there will be different modes but it won't affect the range! Very similar to the ndj6 2.4ghz controller for the P2. Turning the dial has no effect.

Gps lock and to regulate 2.4 GHz Via a dial at the back of the controller, both methods are not cost-effective for them. And not as easy as it sounds.

That's my opinion anyway.

Worst case scenario buy a controller from a different country. Also if it's a GPS lock there will be other apps you can use

Unfortunately for EU folks, I've heard elsewhere (I think Simon's recent video) that it gets power output from GPS; so presumably if you're in a country with regional requirements, it will adjust accordingly.

Of course, this is not necessarily gospel until it's released.

I have spoke to a few UK dji dealers about this subject over the past week, most i have spoke to think this is far to advanced tech at this time and for the price of the P3, which to start with i was very happy about and was hoping for a Manuel setting instead . Now how ever after learning that mohan who has one here in the uk (so auto EC setting lets say) flew out the other night to correct me if im wrong folks but 8800ft nearly 2.7km. So if the auto setting is true then maybe what dji has been saying all along is all so true, and that is there is not a lot of difference between the 2 settings.

Whats the 12.36 across the the top line with a H in the middle and 2 other points.
A look at the Inspire manual shows it is ...
Battery Level Indicator
: The battery level indicator dynamically displays the battery level. The color zones on the
battery level indicator represent different battery levels

If it's the controller that comes preset, it would make a difference.
If it did then yes .. but it doesn't.
It's GPS determined. Your flight controller detects from the GPS position that you are within Europe and changes settings. It has nothing to do with the Tx unit.

The email i got from dji about something i asked about buying one from the states said this.
Storeagent03 (DJI)

Hello Friend,

Yes the phantom 3 be set from factory to FCC when sent to USA, then taken to UK and still fly in FCC there.

Have you had some sort of reply from them saying different, be interesting to read your email stating it is set by GPS. Post it, they seem to be saying different things to everyone.

If it did then yes .. but it doesn't.
It's GPS determined. Your flight controller detects from the GPS position that you are within Europe and changes settings. It has nothing to do with the Tx unit.

Thats what i said lol. Read my full post. You quoted one line, anyway there will be apps to unlock the so called gps lock!

As the Inspire uses mostly the same components as the P3 I wonder whether they have the power restriction already built in depending on GPS location? Anyone know?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic