Black Pearl Battery Recall

I bought mine from Troybuilt and got that letter last week and posted it. I have taken apart the battery which is very,very simple using a flat blade screw driver to separate the case then clip the wires. The board snaps right out. Popped it into an envelope and sent to Troybuilt.
The black pearl can be powered externally as per this email I received from Troybuilt: IF you need to operate the screen while waiting for the replacement, you can use a 3 cell lipo battery with a JST connector with the supplied adaptors.

So going back to the start what is the actual fault. Does it go flat itself without using it? If so how quickly. My supplier said they will change mine no worries if I'm having problems but to be honest I don't think I am. I charge it up and then maybe use it a day or so later and it works fine. You only get an hour and half on a full charge I think anyway.

I found that you could purchase a new battery from them for about $25. I was thinking of purchasing one anyway for when I'm off power for a long period of time. I had my battery go flat in the field last weekend for the first time. I think I may have forgot to charge it after the previous weekend of flying. I'll keep and eye on to see if is discharging. If I don't see any significant discharge in a week of sitting, I'm not going to worry about it. I purchased the advanced Kumbacam FPV package off of Amazon about the first week of April. I still don't know for sure the manufacturer of the 600mw transmitter that came in the package but I just recently figured out that the diversity monitor/receiver is a Black Pearl.

charlie999 said:
So going back to the start what is the actual fault. Does it go flat itself without using it? If so how quickly. My supplier said they will change mine no worries if I'm having problems but to be honest I don't think I am. I charge it up and then maybe use it a day or so later and it works fine. You only get an hour and half on a full charge I think anyway.
It's my understanding that it looses the ability to charge fully. Evidently this happens randomly and with different charge levels resulting. Something like suddenly charging only to 60% then 45% etc but showing full.
I hope I understand it correctly...

Bluegrass said:
I found that you could purchase a new battery from them for about $25. I was thinking of purchasing one anyway for when I'm off power for a long period of time. I had my battery go flat in the field last weekend for the first time. I think I may have forgot to charge it after the previous weekend of flying. I'll keep and eye on to see if is discharging. If I don't see any significant discharge in a week of sitting, I'm not going to worry about it. I purchased the advanced Kumbacam FPV package off of Amazon about the first week of April. I still don't know for sure the manufacturer of the 600mw transmitter that came in the package but I just recently figured out that the diversity monitor/receiver is a Black Pearl.

where did you find the replacement batt at?

where did you find the replacement batt at?[/quote]

www.rangevideo.com

Do a search for Black Pearl Battery. They cost $25. I haven't purchased one from them yet but have been thinking about it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj