Birmingham Alabama area? Anyone...

What's the F550? What kind of flak are you getting? The people around some areas I fly over have stopped to watch and asked a lot of questions about the hobby but I've never had anything negative said.
loved the AA flac (12 gauge) from man when drone flew over his back yard watching his daughter tan.

Hey there. Live in Hoover. I just got a P4P+ at Christmas. Still trying to figure out all the myriad of options available.
Flew once inside our house. It was a real experience. Then read this is not a great idea. Although there was no crash, I would agree. Keep the flying outside.

Last edited:
Hey there. Live in Hoover. I just got a P4P+ at Christmas. Still trying to figure out all the myriad of options available.
Flew once inside our house. It was a real experience. Then read this is not a great idea. Although there was no crash, I would agree. Keep the flying outside.
With all the iron, I wouldn't try flying through the mountain in the tunnel. Spain Park looked pretty open when I was there a few years ago.
It's not a great idea inside becasue of confined space, and gps signal loss so you are fly by wire only. Hovering in front of air return as a/c kicks on sucking drone into filter grill would not be pretty. I have to do one "night" flight in the black room before I paint it, even has fluffy clouds in the closet. But want to finish my "props" for the movie fist.

I am having a hard time figuring out this message board also. Having a hard time figuring out how to make a new post, as opposed to a reply.

Live in Hoover. Just got a P4P+. Would love to talk with someone who has more experience with a Phantom 4 Pro + than me.
Gene Tillery??
If I don't answer, leave message with # and I will call back.
Thanks!!!
Home # 205-444-0443
Douglas Beckham

I am having a hard time figuring out this message board also. Having a hard time figuring out how to make a new post, as opposed to a reply.

Live in Hoover. Just got a P4P+. Would love to talk with someone who has more experience with a Phantom 4 Pro + than me.
Gene Tillery??
If I don't answer, leave message with # and I will call back.
Thanks!!!
Home # 205-444-0443
Douglas Beckham

at bottom of P4 group since that is your drone you will see a "Post New Thread" button.
Just watch youtube vid of guy flying his P4 from vulcan out to the stadium at 20/59, and back.... Along with ultimate drone crash vids of course.

at bottom of P4 group since that is your drone you will see a "Post New Thread" button.
Just watch youtube vid of guy flying his P4 from vulcan out to the stadium at 20/59, and back.... Along with ultimate drone crash vids of course.
Can you give me exact name of video? Thanks. DB

Can you give me exact name of video? Thanks. DB
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
"Range Extender too far"

Wow, I watched a lot of Power Mac repair vids the other night. Had to really scroll down a ways.

Few shots from a former army base in east Alabama
2f09de46024f8bb136b5faec6061e4a3.jpg
a37e25554c988a4ee2b3a018b6f7942c.jpg
fee576e7a56b40fcce365a28ffb79cd3.jpg
eb21c33dd3d256b4fb85cab44685612a.jpg

Last edited:
anniston where obama is hiding the illegals, and obama poisoned the homeland security idiots with antrax?

It was a lucky guess. I figured Ft Rucker would be a no fly zone. Not only an airfield, but with pilots that don't know how to fly in the air.

Awesome! What did you think? A little intimidating? A friend let me use his FatShark goggles. They are truly awesome. Will be getting a set this week.
Will have to get together and share experiences.
DB

Oh it was a blast, and yeah, definitely intimidating.

I have no idea what to do with it. I'm not a photography or video guy, and I have no intent of doing anything commercially, so right now this is just an expensive toy.

I would definitely love to get together. Where have you flown around town?

I want to get some flying in tomorrow. What are some good places to fly south of town?

Anybody know if we can fly at Oak Mountain? I'm also considering Veteran's Park on Valleydale.

I live in Argo al , I have a phantom 3 , having trouble with latest firmware update ,is there a club or group in Birmingham area.

I'm down in the Montgomery area but have a son in Trussville. I've done a little flying up your way and plan on flying around Horse Pens 40 near Steele. I'm not familiar with any group in your area. I'm flying the P3A and have quit updating firmware.

Hey there central Alabama just bumping this thread since no one has posted recently. I just purchased a P4P v 2.0 am am loving it so far. I have completed 2 beginner mode flights and am ready to take the training wheels off. Does anyone know of a wide open field in the Birmingham or surrounding area that I could practice my intelligent flight modes on? The parks around where I live aren't drone friendly and I need some space to practice in...TIA!

Hey Rickd 99, I live in Guntersville, got lots of places here to fly around the lake. got lots of eagles that eat drones, so be careful if you come this way. I know there were some other folks in the B-ham area a couple years ago, but don't know where they fly. I have the P4P PRo. I really like the looks of the new P4P Pro V2 and the new props.

Reactions: RickD_99
Hey RickD_99,
I am getting a Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 soon (it's in the mail). I thought about flying it out at the old Jasper Airport. Have you tried flying your drone there?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic