Beware ordering Mavic from Amazon

forgive me for asking a stupid question, but why rush and order mavic now if its not gonna be released till end of October/early November, especially if stores running cards right away.. i mean there are no early-bird deals or savings. once its officially released and available for sale, why not order it then, pay and have it shipped out immediately... its unlikely mavic gonna sell out like iphones or xboxes&ps3-4s... is it just to potentially get it a few days early? still its a big chunk of changed locked up at some online store. just a thought...

I ordered a P4 a week before the annoucement of the Mavic - which I wasnt aware was coming out.
I pre ordered the mavic used paypal - and payment was taken immediately.

So in other words I ordered two drones in the space of the week - my bank balance is hammered.
The P4 is due back soon ! Its un-opened.

Reactions: Artinsocal
There is if you know where to look!!

ok, tell me where to look, if its not a secret of course..
DJI site & amazon are selling for $999/$1299.
if i see a better, legit deal i would buy today. if not i would probably hold on to my $$ till the release date, just in case if i find something better i have the funds ready..

if i see a better, legit deal i would buy today.
Beware of those "better" deals. Authorized DJI dealers rarely offer early-bird discounts, a down payment to hold a spot, free accessories, etc. on new releases. The deals might be legit, but they will come with no warranty from DJI (since you're in the US) if the seller is not an authorized DJI dealer.

Reactions: SZNJ732
Beware of those "better" deals. Authorized DJI dealers rarely offer early-bird discounts, a down payment to hold a spot, free accessories, etc. on new releases. The deals might be legit, but they will come with no warranty from DJI (since you're in the US) if the seller is not an authorized DJI dealer.

Yes, thank you, thats what i was thinking too when i wrote my other post, but someone else here suggested that there are hidden early bird/pre-sale deals going on right now if one knows where to look..
as far as i can tell all legitimate, authorized dealers are not running any deals on mavic right now... and buying a $1300 newly released DJI product without warranty is a very bad idea IMO.

forgive me for asking a stupid question, but why rush and order mavic now if its not gonna be released till end of October/early November, especially if stores running cards right away.. i mean there are no early-bird deals or savings. once its officially released and available for sale, why not order it then, pay and have it shipped out immediately... its unlikely mavic gonna sell out like iphones or xboxes&ps3-4s... is it just to potentially get it a few days early? still its a big chunk of changed locked up at some online store. just a thought...

Ysomeone else here suggested that there are hidden early bird/pre-sale deals going on right now if one knows where to look
I think he's trying to hint that he sells DJI products. Again though, you don't want to buy from anyone who is not an authorized DJI dealer. It won't be worth it if you ever need to use the warranty.

As an Amazon seller, I know that all payment transactions are not processed by sellers. Amazon takes care this. Amazon doesn't care if it is orders or pre-orders, they verify and process payments right away.

I believe DJI has nothing to do with your payments. They just list items, get order notices, ship orders then Amazon deposits money to their banks periodically.

Sent from my SGP771 using Tapatalk

Is the dji.com website store collecting at purchase, or when the product is shipped like all previous years?
I placed my order on 9/30 with DJI and my bank account was authorized but still has not been charged. I got an email that stated "your DJI order has been confirmed ".

I placed my order on 9/30 with DJI and my bank account was authorized but still has not been charged. I got an email that stated "your DJI order has been confirmed ".

Yeah now that's how it should be.

When I pre ordered the new Sony Playstation 4 pro weeks ago from bestbuy which has a mid November release date I was charged instantly.

I ordered my Mavic from dji directly and was fully charged a few hours later , I also ordered an extra battery off of amazon and I just got the email this morning saying it shipped. So I'll have a battery soon

I believe Drone World is offering three batteries with the $1299 bundle.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

DJI claims you are saving $82 by purchasing the bundle which includes only two batteries.

m.dji.com/category/mavic

DJI claims you are saving $82 by purchasing the bundle which includes only two batteries.
It comes with 3 batteries total.

I am reading the DJI site for the bundle and it says in the box 2 batteries. Am I wrong?

Last edited:
Reactions: kony

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic