Beta Test Flight Timer App for Android

Reaction score
Not long after I got my Phantom, I realized I really, really liked the aircraft and decided not to crash it if at all possible. Toward that goal was not running out of gas, so I started using a simple count-up timer on my Android to alert me when the battery might be getting low and it was time to land.

Then, I saw where I wanted some additional features and began writing my own timer app for Android that I would like to share with other Phantom Pilots on the forum. This is a beta test version, but the basic functions work for me, and I hope the the app will be of value to others as it stands. It has been tested in the Android development simulator, an Android phone, and a tablet so far. You may encounter an issue with the way it resizes the interface to fit different screen resolutions, but we’ll see.

I plan to continue to add features and sand off the rough edges, so please leave feedback on this thread about what you think if you use it.

Since I the forum won’t allow the app as an attachment, you will need to copy this link (or type it) into the browser on your device:

http://paradigmedia.com/Flight-Timer.apk.

If you're accessing this from your Android, you can probably just go ahead and click the link to start the process. Otherwise, type it into your Android browser as above.

When the download is finished (again, on your Android), find the app in your downloads folder and select it. From there, your phone or tablet should ask if you want to use the package installer (yes)

You may have to go into settings and check off “Unknown Sources” (allow installation of apps from unknown sources) in the Security & Screen Lock menu. I would go ahead and try it and see if it will load before going to the trouble of checking this item.

If you have problems, of course post it here and I will respond. Otherwise, enjoy and let me know how it works for you. If you like it I have other features planned, including a pre-flight checklist component. Enjoy! :D

Gene

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl