Best Way to Download Video From SD Card ??

Yep. Removed the .srt file and wham no subtitles now. Thanks. Now can you take my laptop and make it glorious once more. [emoji3][emoji3]. Looks like im gonna have to spend the $750 for the shiny new one soon.
I use my old 2004 Dell XPS laptop when on the road to show people pics and video when I shoot for them. It has no issues with 4K files, even though its displaying in a far lower resolution.

4k does look better when viewing on a non compatible 4k device,
Watch this video and learn why.
I can clearly see the difference on my 4 yr old MacBook Air.
4k is a much better video.

Reactions: III% Streve
More like $2000. Not a terrible set of specs. But I would sure as hell not buy something like that from a POS peripheral dealer!

Yep let's spend $3200 on a laptop! That makes sense to me. It's probably gonna go up in value in a couple years [emoji1]

More like $2000. Not a terrible set of specs. But I would sure as hell not buy something like that from a POS peripheral dealer!
Say what you want, this laptop is a beast and the build quality is amazing

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Website says $3200
Regardless, you would pay the same for a similar configuration of a MacBook pro with retina.

This is basically a Windows version with the best graphics card you can get in a laptop.

Also, 4k editing is fast compared to my older thinkpad

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Regardless, you would pay the same for a similar configuration of a MacBook pro with retina.
That's probably very true. But Apple followers don't comprehend that they are paying an extra 25% for the name. As I said, the specs sound pretty good. But Razor is a joke! They cant make a mouse that works for a week. I sure as hell wouldn't depend on a computer made by them!! At the same time, I bet they only re-branded someone else's product.

Yep let's spend $3200 on a laptop! That makes sense to me. It's probably gonna go up in value in a couple years [emoji1]

Certain amount of truth to that statement even though I am sure it was sarcastic. In 2006 I wanted to build a foundation for a LLC to do photo and video. Bought a lot of nice equipment to include the Toshiba's top-shelf laptop. That laptop 9 years later serves me perfectly well in every aspect. The only thing I have done is upgrade the OS drive to a 500Gig SSD and the storage drive to 2 Terabytes.

Certain amount of truth to that statement even though I am sure it was sarcastic. In 2006 I wanted to build a foundation for a LLC to do photo and video. Bought a lot of nice equipment to include the Toshiba's top-shelf laptop. That laptop 9 years later serves me perfectly well in every aspect. The only thing I have done is upgrade the OS drive to a 500Gig SSD and the storage drive to 2 Terabytes.
Ill second that. My Xps bought in 04 cost me over $6000 with extended warranty and everything. It HAD to survive a long line of deployments. 11 years later it has the obvious OS, memory and CPU upgrades. But there is nothing it cant do. I also have close to $8000 in a water cooled gaming system. Cutting edge computers has been both a hobby and a great paying hobby for 30+ years.

Ill second that. My Xps bought in 04 cost me over $6000 with extended warranty and everything. It HAD to survive a long line of deployments. 11 years later it has the obvious OS, memory and CPU upgrades. But there is nothing it cant do. I also have close to $8000 in a water cooled gaming system. Cutting edge computers has been both a hobby and a great paying hobby for 30+ years.

Hey I resemble that remark!

Besides the solid laptop I have I also have a water cooled monster in my living room. I went with the i7-990, it was not cheap but came out the clear winner for video editing. I clock it for everyday use at 4.25 Gigahertz, water cooled it is silent it never skips a beat and with 3 HD monitors (2X32" + 1X24") games with the best of them even though I am still thinking of adding a second GTI 970 in SLI. I wanted the UD7 X58 MoBo so I could use a BlackMagic Shuttle on the USB3.0 and it works perfectly to ingest video from HDMI, Component, SDI, and composite straight to SSD drives. Was running RAID 0 but the SSDs work grand for everything I do.

Reactions: III% Streve
I have far more than I need to do anything I want, whenever I want. Financial advisory? Hardly! Life adviser... most certainly!!

VERY sound advice! Those that choose to not reward themselves CHOOSE to not enjoy their efforts!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj