Best tablet/phone question

Reaction score
I may consider buying a P4 pro but I have questions about the best tablet or phone to use. I want something with a bright screen and one that does not have crashes with the apps. I would have considered the Pro+ but I understand that it will not run other apps. I am not interested in Apple products.
So what android models work best?

I may consider buying a P4 pro but I have questions about the best tablet or phone to use. I want something with a bright screen and one that does not have crashes with the apps. I would have considered the Pro+ but I understand that it will not run other apps. I am not interested in Apple products.
Well, I fly my bird along with a Samsung Note 3 and a Samsung TabPro.. both works pretty well, except by a few crashes a few times..

I have a Note 5 but it is my main phone and I do not want it tied up as a display for the drone. I also have a Samsung Tab A which might work. I want something reliable and bright enough to see in sunlight.

I have a Note 5 but it is my main phone and I do not want it tied up as a display for the drone. I also have a Samsung Tab A which might work. I want something reliable and bright enough to see in sunlight.
I don't have any problem with my old devices ;) I think you're good to go. ;)

My opinion, it's worth investing in an iPad air 2 or a mini 4. The ios app is really superior to the Android one in terms of stability, imo. I have just started using my moto Z phone and although it seems stable, the reduced screen size makes it harder to deal with and some options don't even show properly. If you're looking to get into dji it's really best to include an apple product to fly with. It's just a way more stable experience. And bonus, they really are fantastic tablets. I'm an android user but I cannot tell a lie, my air 2 is just a superb tablet. Absolutely worth having even beyond using it for the p4p.

My opinion, it's worth investing in an iPad air 2 or a mini 4. The ios app is really superior to the Android one in terms of stability, imo. I have just started using my moto Z phone and although it seems stable, the reduced screen size makes it harder to deal with and some options don't even show properly. If you're looking to get into dji it's really best to include an apple product to fly with. It's just a way more stable experience. And bonus, they really are fantastic tablets. I'm an android user but I cannot tell a lie, my air 2 is just a superb tablet. Absolutely worth having even beyond using it for the p4p.
As I said, no Apple products. Way too expensive. I have seen them black out in the heat. On my last trip it was 118 degrees.

Just to throw it in there: I have the Pro+ and it's very nice. I view the fact it doesn't run other apps (other than FB & YouTube) is a plus in my book. The screen is super bright and the HDMI output is really cool for big screen viewing. No buyer's remorse here -- I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Just to throw it in there: I have the Pro+ and it's very nice. I view the fact it doesn't run other apps (other than FB & YouTube) is a plus in my book. The screen is super bright and the HDMI output is really cool for big screen viewing. No buyer's remorse here -- I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
But you can't run apps like Litchi.

Hi everyone
I am new to the forum so forgive me if I am asking questions you may have been asked a number of times.I have just bought the P4P and need to decide on what tablet. It seems Apple gets most votes, if so, do I need a tablet with both wi fi and cellular? Thanks

Just got a new P4P, already had a Samsung 10.1 Tab 4, Wifi, GPS and Cellular. I have only used it for setup and updates so, but the video looked nice. No problems with it, had to allow linking, but then it logged me on to DJI and performed updates.
So, I think this one is ok.
BQ

If direct sunlight is a genuine concern, nothing touches the P4P+. I bought Litchi and DJI Ultimate Flight for my Phantom 3's, but honestly, I have not missed them on my P4P+.
I use a Samsung note 4 with my Mavic. It works great, but it is hard to see in full sun, even at full brightness.

I purchased an 9.7 ipad air 2 from Gazell online. They sell used ipads. The one I got has 64 gig of memory & cost 398 + tax. Runs like a banche!!! Good screen brightness too and can be used in normal daylight or shade.

Just FYI. I was using the iPad mini 4 with my P4P, but the 4K video stunk. It turns out the Mimi 4 has the A8 processor which just wasn't fast enough to handle all the 4K high frame rates. I bought the iPad Pro Air 128GB wi-fi ready and cellular with the A10 processor and everything works fine now with no more screen freezes.

I wouldn't be separated from my Nvidia Shield K1 - nice bright screen and rock solid

Just bought a Galaxy S3 9.7" from Verizon. I decided to upgrade from the Tab 4 10.1.

Research seemed to show, best brightness, pixel concentration and anti reflection of the Android tablets. I think I showed 540 nits, on auto brightness.

Quad processor 2x faster, video gpu 3x faster, 2x the ram, 2x the resolution and 4k video; of my Tab 4. Now the Tab 4 does work, but it can't play 4k video, and do it for 12 hours continuous play like the S3.

No more worries about Tablet battery life!

Hopefully I will get it out soon, only took it out in direct sun, not bad!
BQ

Last edited:
Additionally, this tablet is quick, beautiful 4k display, but the sound! Wow, quad stereo, on a tablet, smooth striking 4k, me like.
BQ

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl