Best props for vision?

Reaction score
I was talkin with an experienced photographer and he said better props gave more stable flight in wind. Suggestions/thoughts?

happydogs said:
I was talkin with an experienced photographer and he said better props gave more stable flight in wind. Suggestions/thoughts?

if you want stable video, look to get into a gimbal.

the Phantom Vision props are probably just fine.

I have been around and around on this one too. I have looked into CF props and wood etc. After talking to the gurus in here and the real GURUS at Aerial Media Pros who not only sell the Phantom... but all DJIs high end stuff and use them for pro filming... they said the same. The stock props work very well and are forgiving and inexpensive. They actually have less vibration than say a rigid CF prop (this is from them). From what I gathered in our conversation the only reason, other than the cool aesthetics of CF props, to change would be if you needed extra lift. But since currently there isn't a gimbal (at least not by DJI) or anything to really weigh the Vision down with there just simply isn't a need to change props. Like the other poster said look into a gimbal when viable and solid options come out. I know I will be looking. For now I am using stabilization software. Im new to it and prefer not to have to use it because its time consuming but it is what it is.

James

if you put vision props on phantom 1, are they still self tightening? if not, how do they convert them from vision to phantom 1?

Vision stock props are excellent. I swapped my Phantom 1 over to them recently and can safely say that they are the best props I've tried so far. Very stable.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl