BEST Pre/Post-Flight Checklist for P3A (Revised)

The leading cause of fly-aways is not calibrating the compass. Of course you could save two minutes setting up and lose your $700 Phantom or you could take the time to be safe.
Fly-aways are also dangerous to civilians. Fly-aways usually happen in populated areas, so there is a good chance someone could get seriously hurt.
FYI ...
1. Calibrating the compass every flight is unnecessary.
You can safely fly for months without recalibrating the compass.
Frequent unnecessary compass calibration introduces the risk of giving your compass a bad calibration which is much more a problem than not calibrating will cause.
Ironically giving your compass a bad calibration could lead to an incident that some pilots might mistakenly believe to be a flyaway.
2.. Back in the Phantom 2 days there may have been occasional flyaways but the phenomenon is almost unknown in the Phantom 3.
Almost every incident reported as a flyaway is due to operator error/confusion/misunderstanding.

Reactions: konidair
LOL is see kondair liked your comment. I don't understand why he's so mad. LOL some people are easily angered. HAHA :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

And I bet that most fly-aways happen with the camera recording video.Maybe it's the camera that causes the fly-away and not the compass!!! :p
Lol the Camera can't cause a fly-away, even with the WiFi (2.4ghz) on, because the Phantom operates on a 5.8ghz frequency.

Lol the Camera can't cause a fly-away, even with the WiFi (2.4ghz) on, because the Phantom operates on a 5.8ghz frequency.
It was a JOKE genius.One day you might realise the 3 videos you posted prove nothing!!! :p and FYI there are also 5G WiFi networks/devices

Last edited:
It was a JOKE genius.One day you might realise the 3 videos you posted prove nothing!!! :p and FYI there are also 5G WiFi networks/devices
Yes, there are 5.0 Ghz WiFi devices but this operates on a 5.8 Ghz frequency. And currently NO cameras have a 5.0 Ghz WiFi downlink. I've just proved you wrong.

Yes, there are 5.0 Ghz WiFi devices but this operates on a 5.8 Ghz frequency. And currently NO cameras have a 5.0 Ghz WiFi downlink. I've just proved you wrong.
You haven't proved $hit yet! You just posted 3 youtube videos and you think that makes you important! This is not a chat room. Post something useful or post nothing at all. This is my last comment in your LAME thread. Good luck

You haven't proved $hit yet! You just posted 3 youtube videos and you think that makes you important! This is not a chat room. Post something useful or post nothing at all. This is my last comment in your LAME thread. Good luck
Why you so mad, bruh? You need some help. Ugh, some people hate the world.

Why you so mad, bruh? You need some help. Ugh, some people hate the world.
You can blast me all you want, but it probably won't affect me :tearsofjoy: I've learned the ways of dealing with haters, for I am a Seahawks fan.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4