Best place to purchase?

___

Reaction score
I see that there are authorized dealers, etc. but would like to know your opinion on who should I purchase from?

What I am looking for is fast shipping, good customer service if I have a problem, etc., and inexpensive shipping.

I am looking to purchase a P2V+, prop guards, a second battery, and a case that I can use to travel via plane with.

The case I haven't really been able to find as they all seem to not specify they fit, more than $250 bucks, and/or not suitable for carry-on or for plane pressure changes. So any suggestions on a good case would be great as well.

It would be great also to get some kind of protection that is offered by SquareTrade or others but maybe just not possible? And eventually a bigger antenna but I will have to study that more as it is not easy to understand what to buy. Sooo much is assumed and acronyms are used every chance they get.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I plan to RTFM before it even arrives. :)

~Sean

I purchased from Dronfly.com. All they specialize in is quads and octos. They have one of the best sales and customer service depts. Also they are a repair center with flat rate labor cost. I ordered on a Monday and it was here on Wednesday. I have called with a few questions and they have always been eager to answer them. I prefer Dronefly.com

Check out aerial media pros. I purchased their backpack case for $169, and love it. It's where i keep it, has plenty of room for batteries, specific place for the blades, easy to carry around. http://aerialmediapros.com/store/ I bought my P2+ there as well - they sell the whole line of DJI products, build the non-phantom models on site.

dSLRPros has a lot of cool kits. Wish I had more cash.

So far I have purchased the Vision + w/extra battery, hard case, camera protection bracket, petal lens hood, Loc8tor keyfinder thingy, extra props, prop guards, and a roll of duct tape.

Future purchases may be an extra battery, the charge-three-batteries-at-once thing, tier 1 antenna upgrade (once I figure out what that is), and a replacement gimbal.

___ said:
dSLRPros has a lot of cool kits. Wish I had more cash.

So far I have purchased the Vision + w/extra battery, hard case, camera protection bracket, petal lens hood, Loc8tor keyfinder thingy, extra props, prop guards, and a roll of duct tape.

Future purchases may be an extra battery, the charge-three-batteries-at-once thing, tier 1 antenna upgrade (once I figure out what that is), and a replacement gimbal.

Invest in a GPS tracker in case of fly away or crash. This way you can recover your investment. I use the Pocket Finder and it is awesome. If the **** thing has a fly off you will be able to find her. I love this tracker, its small, works nationwide, and the PC and Cell App software is awesome. Completely programmable and worth its weight in gold even with the 12.00 per month monthly service. Just a piece of advice and it will mean the difference in recovering your bird or standing there helplessly holding your remote knowing that $1400 just flew away never to be seen again. Congrats on your purchase and wish you trouble free flights!

PS- Read that manual cover to cover until you can regurgitate it from memory and build you a pre-flight check list and live by it on every flight.

B&H Photo & Video is where I got my first V+. Had it in two days.

I have a SunDance kit from DSLRPRO's coming. Takes there to four weeks to get the special kits from them.

I have a V+ sitting on my desk unopened from DJI and that is the last place I would purchase one from. I have been waiting over a week for a response to my RMA request to a V+ order they "cancelled".

I purchased my Phantom 2 from B&H Photo. After only one flight it refused to power up....I called B&H and they took the return no problem and sent another unit out immediately...those guys are great.

I have bought a ton of camera equipment from the guys at B&H......you are right, it is a great store and returns are a piece of cake. My only question would be tech support after the sale. It seems like RC stuff might not really be their gig. Anyone have any experience with respect to that?

Be warned that DSLRPROS.com has fairly slow response time to issues or questions after a purchase. I have read that elsewhere on the internet but I have experienced twice now.

STAY away from those people in Calgary Alberta. I ordered on 9 of May 2014. Web page stated 8 to 10 days for delivery. 24 days later I sent reports to the R.C.M.P. VISA the Better Business Bureaus and Dji North America. I tried to cancel the order but could not get in contact. With their lack of e-mail responses and their very poor telephone business etiquette I had reason to believe I was a victim of Fraud. I got the pv2+ 29 days later. I did not want to deal with these people any more.--- STAY AWAY---

I just ordered mine from DJI. The only thing that was bad was that they wouldn't ship to FPO AP addresses. That is a military address in the Pacific. I had to send it to my mother-in-law first and then have her mail it to me. I was thinking about ordering it from somewhere else, but the local dealers don't speak english. It sucked, but it only took 2 days for them to ship it from China to the states. Shipping was also free, but I had to pay $60 to get it from the states to Okinawa.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31