Best Flight Mission Planner App

CML

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I have opened this thread in order to collect your suggestions and recomendations about best flight mission planner App.
Would be great if we clarify if it's free and if it supports Android or/and iOS.
Most common that I saw so far:
- Drone Deploy. Supports Android and iOS. Free App.
- Pix4D. Supports Android and iOS. Free App.
- Precision Flight. Supports Android and iOS. Free App.
- UgCS. Supports Android and iOS. It's not free.
- Litchi. Supports Android and iOS. It's not free.
- Map Pilot. Support just iOS. Free App.

am working through the same and now have 2 controllers in order to be able to use both/either OS. A lot depends on what you want the missions to do.

If a linear flight, the free version of Drone Deploy doesn't help (and I'm getting conflicting messages about whether its just a trial version or will persist, but that may be my error in what I initially downloaded); Map Pilot only does polygonal missions. Both have worked great for me when I wanted a polygon mapped. Map Pilot will process images collected with other tools, free for small missions, not too expensive for larger ones (compared to the subscription fees for DD, Pix4D). Litchi does allow linear flight planning, but on its own, not polygonal/mapping misssions.
You may also want to try DJIFlightPlanner ($99, not actually affiliated with DJI) which allows linear and polygonal mission planning, then exporting to Litchi Mission Hub for fine tuning/troubleshooting, then sync/fly with Litchi.

Looking forward to others' wisdom on this matter....

I will add Altizure to the list of freebies, however I would caution against using it for part 107 mapping missions. It has 2 major flaws for survey use. The first is that it can only fly squares and rectangles, not a polygon (at least as of the last time I tried it). The other is, for some unknown reason, they "have set the flight pattern app to let the drone fly sideways" (this is a quote from their support team when I emailed them about the drone's weird behavior). This destroys the gimbal's ability to compensate for the pitch of the copter, and turns the 3:2 layout of the photos into 2:3. So you're off-nadir and can't correct for it, and the overlap/sidelap changes to the reverse layout. Never got from them exactly why they thought this was a good idea. There was a bit of a language barrier in our communications.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic