Best firmware for P4Pro

Reaction score
Hello All,
I have been away from my drones for a couple of years and lost all touch with DJI's firmware news.
I've had a P4Pro since launch but I haven't flown it even once, but I do keep its batteries half charged and check on them from time to time.
Following all the drama I last read about the P4 firmware glitches and failures, I chose not to update it to the latest version. I flew it yesterday no problem. But I'm thinking about trying out my P4Pro for the first time and was wondering to which version I should update it before flying?
From your personal experience and from what you have been reading on the forums, which version would you say is the most stable version for P4Pro?
Also, any idea if the P4 battery firmware inconsistency between P4 and P4Pro is now resolved?
Thank you kindly in advance.

Reactions: PhantomPilotUK
Hello All,
I have been away from my drones for a couple of years and lost all touch with DJI's firmware news.
I've had a P4Pro since launch but I haven't flown it even once, but I do keep its batteries half charged and check on them from time to time.
Following all the drama I last read about the P4 firmware glitches and failures, I chose not to update it to the latest version. I flew it yesterday no problem. But I'm thinking about trying out my P4Pro for the first time and was wondering to which version I should update it before flying?
From your personal experience and from what you have been reading on the forums, which version would you say is the most stable version for P4Pro?
Also, any idea if the P4 battery firmware inconsistency between P4 and P4Pro is now resolved?
Thank you kindly in advance.
I fly 1.3.509. Had to use the Dumldore utility to downgrade to it. It’s pretty generally accepted I think as the gold standard.

I fly 1.3.509. Had to use the Dumldore utility to downgrade to it. It’s pretty generally accepted I think as the gold standard.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Do you know if I can manually install it directly? Or do I have to update to the latest firmware and then do as you did?
Thanks again.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Do you know if I can manually install it directly? Or do I have to update to the latest firmware and then do as you did?
Thanks again.
I don’t know what version you are on but I don’t think you should have to update to the latest. I did it some time ago.

Don’t take this lightly though. I think I’ve read there is a small but non-zero chance you could brick your bird. Google around for dumldore as well as search on YouTube for it. I think the instructions give you some advice on when to safely proceed vs. when to abort to avoid bricking.

Edit: if you are below 1.3.509 then honestly I’m not exactly sure how you would proceed vis a vis using dumldore to upgrade.

Reactions: The-CROW

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31