Best filter to use for flying on an island?

Reaction score
I will be flying on a small island next week with my P3P and want to take footage of the island and our friends. It's supposed to be very sunny all next week. I purchased some ND filters on here a few months ago but have yet to try them out. I also picked up a polarizing filter. I've read that flying with water in the image, with reflections, is best to fly with a polarizer. Any thoughts about this? The vast majority of what I'll be shooting is a flyover of the island, with just a little bit of footage of our friends.

Also, I will also be driving to Siesta Key for a day. Is it OK to fly somewhere like that where there may be some people? I will definitely be flying over the ocean and not the beach, only using the beach to take off and land.

Thanks in advance for any input.

I've read that flying with water in the image, with reflections, is best to fly with a polarizer. Any thoughts about this?
Polarizing filters are tricky to use on a drone because the polarizing has to be aligned with the direction of the sun.
To use one properly you would have to plan a shot, set the filter so it was aligned correctly and shoot just that shot.
If you turn left or right, the polarizer will be set wrong and not be doing what you want at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers