Best Display for Phantom 4 Pro

Sounds like Apple is the way to go for this...was thinking to get the module to change the display screen to a crystal sky or something of that nature but I'm now understanding the platform/OS may not allow for much room to play.
Thanks for the help.
Apple devices become practically unviewable in the sun. I blew a couple important shots by not being able to see anything on my iPhone in the sun. So I got the crystalsky. Unfortunately not cheap. But viewable in sun. A few other glitches with it though. Nothing that’s a showstopper but annoying.

I have a pair of P4Pro drones and I use an 8" Huawei M3, great tablet (and runs Litchi, and Pix4Dcapture)

Really pleased with it (could do with being slightly brighter on the best UK summer days) but I did buy a remote with the built-in display (GL300E) and I've hardly used the M3 since. The speed, convenience and brightness/clarity are winners for me.

It is possible to load Litchi (and other software) on the GL300E using the browser to install Google Play (there are threads for this) but I've not done it myself.

For recent Litchi flights, I've actually built the flights/waypoints on my PC using the LitchiHub and flown them using my phone (Xiaomi Mi8).

A

Reactions: Wavepilot
Crystal sky UB 7.85 for me

1595297342631.png

Reactions: gppms
I fly the P4P V2 and the Mavic2Pro with the smart controller for both. I use the regular remotes with iPad and 5.5 Crystal Sky as the slave controllers so that anyone with me can view the flight and participate a little. The Crystal Sky has been great and the iPad does seem to be lacking in the sun. The smart controller is just so easy to switch back and forth with both drones that it has become my go to controller and it's quick to pull out and be in the air quickly.

I have been using IPad Mini 4 and 5 just fine for the last number of years. I even recommended the use in this thread. Because of this thread i decided to investigate the Crystalsky display. The investigation revealed that the Ipad Mini 5 has a 500 nit display. I was surprised to find that my Samsung 8Note has a 1200 nit display (Crystalsky 5.5 is a 1000 nits). I have never tried to fly with the 8Note because the screen is too darn small for my old eyes unfortunately. I was never turned on by the P4P + because of the screen size. I did consider the Smart Controller since I do have a P4P2.0 but again, the small screen size is bothersome to me. As a result of my investigation, I decided to buy a Crystalsky Ultra 7.85 (2000 nits). Took it out in mid day sun a couple of times last weekend and I can only say WOW. I was blown away. I could wear polarized sunglasses and the display was still great. I could wear them full time without moving them up on my head or back down depending on whether I was looking at the screen or drone in the sky. The touch screen is not as responsive as the IPad Mini. This is the only drawback I have found thus far. It is not a deal breaker. Just annoying.

Yup..the price is expensive especially add on the P4P controller mount. Im still working out how to set up such as cache saved to internal memory or directly to SD card, etc. Any tips in general would be appreciated. Again this screen is amazing. I actually am flying with far more confidence and safety because of the brightness of this screen.

Last edited:
Yup..the price is expensive especially add on the P4P controller mount. Im still working out how to set up such as cache saved to internal memory or directly to SD card, etc. Any tips in general would be appreciated. Again this screen is amazing. I actually am flying with far more confidence and safety because of the brightness of this screen.

Try not to have the CS on full power all the time if you can avoid it, a lot of the failures have been due to excessive heat being generated by the panel which causes the backlight to fail.
That is have it as bright as it needs be but don't have it maxed out for the sake of it.

In DJI Go4 , you can only select "cache only while recording" in the general settings menu, you won't be able to select where it is cached

Last edited:
In DJI Go4 , you can only select "cache only while recording" in the general settings menu, you won't be able to select where it is cached

Ummmm...I was able to select the location I wanted the cache saved (Internal vs SD card) in Go4, did 2 quick videos to experiment and the cache was saved to the SD card. I was able to call up files and play. Thanks for the caution of using max brightness.

Ummmm...I was able to select the location I wanted the cache saved (Internal vs SD card) in Go4, did 2 quick videos to experiment and the cache was saved to the SD card. I was able to call up files and play. Thanks for the caution of using max brightness.

Unfortunately I couldn't see it, where do you make the selection to have the cache save to the SD card, what was the menu path ?

General Menu

2nd item below "Cache Locally When Recording"

"Cache to SD Card". (Right under "Record Audio with Video Cache")

You can turn it on. The path however is fixed and appears cannot be changed. You will have to drill down to get to the files. I plan to play around with live streaming. Just haven't gotten to it yet.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20