Best cover for 2018 iPad 9.7"?

Reaction score
I've got the new P4p v2 coming on Monday. Trying to get all my accessories together.
Got the new 2018 iPad 9.7" and would like a case.

With my P3p RC the iPad just fits in the bracket - without a case.
Is the tablet bracket on the P4p any larger than the P3?

Do any of you have a case for a 9.7" iPad that still fits in the bracket?
If so, please post a link.
Hate the idea of walking around with the iPad unprotected.

The new Apple magnetic flap case is only for the front of the pad. Does. Or protect the back without a separate back piece that is hard inflexible. Not like the cover I have for the Mini 3. Don't care for that design.

There are a couple of third party cases similar to the one for the mini- but I don't know if it will fit the bracket.

Don't have the 4 but do use the Inspire holder on all of mine and have the 9.7. I tried several cases and no good so just stayed with a OtterBox case and altered the holder to work . I found any hard case I tried to be to thick.
Can't say about other mounts .

Don't have the 4 but do use the Inspire holder on all of mine and have the 9.7. I tried several cases and no good so just stayed with a OtterBox case and altered the holder to work . I found any hard case I tried to be to thick.
Can't say about other mounts .
Ok. How did you alter the mount?
I've seen a couple of extenders that people have made. That's an option.

Sorry for late answer had honey do's .
Had to get the extender from Amazon but found with the thick OtterBox I had to do this
IMG_6711.JPG IMG_6712.JPG Case so thick I did this IMG_6714.JPG Looks rough but works fine for me .
I just drilled some holes and put in some rivet shafts then used the quick liquid steel and filled it in .
Never cleaned it up but wasn't for show just to hold that 9.7 tight .

Doesn't look easy to remove for packing remote into a case.
Or can you remove it easily?
How thick is the iPad with case? In millimeters or inches.
Thx for the info

I use that one for my Mavic my other TX looks like this as it does slip off
IMG_6716.JPG need to put it on IMG_6715.JPG .6/10ths thick..9'.7/8 long and 7' high . Now it is big but see I use
this for everything . I might fly then check the forum or whatever so I am rough on mine . They do make slimer cases but this one works good for me . With my mavic case I just use the neck strap looped in the handle
and my phantom I use the LoPro carry bag as I do most of my flying from near where I park .

I did order a similar item. But now realize it's made to use without a case- and needs your modification.
Not sure I have the tools to do this.
Never seen an extended with a wider lip at top for a case?

Also need a sunshade for the 9.7"
Any suggestions?
Needs to pack flat to go in my case.

I'm sure theres some out there and surprised @msinger hasn't chimed in as he knows about all the different ones that works .

Don't really say what case. If your like me I try em till I find what works for me and if it don't ya make it work or it goes in a box like I have with Lots of can't use at the moment stuff . And my box is full. :)
We do have a member that might could tells us though if he see's this @PolarPro

Yah we build that extension piece for that exact reason, to leave our thick Otterbox cases on our tablets while flying.
This extension piece should fit all cases on the 9.7 :)
Happy to answer any other questions!
-Jeff from PolarPro

Yah we build that extension piece for that exact reason, to leave our thick Otterbox cases on our tablets while flying.
This extension piece should fit all cases on the 9.7 :)
Happy to answer any other questions!
-Jeff from PolarPro

Thanks Jeff. Just the answer I was looking for.

Last edited:
Thanks Jeff. Just the answer I was looking for.

Jeff- which Otterbox case are you using for the 9.7" iPad?
Rethinking the one I mentioned above. I don't think the cover folds back flat.

I ordered the one you posted tonite and should have it in a few days .
Which/ the cover or the sun shade?
Reading the comments from users I think it's possible that cover doesn't fold flat against the back. But I'm not sure.
Let me know when you get it if you did order it.

As for the PadHat- it's a great design. The sloped angle of the cover forces you to lean the tablet foreword , therefore the inside matte Black of the shade is what the screen sees, not the bright sun on your shirt.
Also it's easy to store in the case and fast to put on.

Which/ the cover or the sun shade?
Reading the comments from users I think it's possible that cover doesn't fold flat against the back. But I'm not sure.
Let me know when you get it if you did order it.

As for the PadHat- it's a great design. The sloped angle of the cover forces you to lean the tablet foreword , therefore the inside matte Black of the shade is what the screen sees, not the bright sun on your shirt.
Also it's easy to store in the case and fast to put on.
I don't use sunshades but just fly from under a tree or whatever shade I can find. I ordered this
https://www.amazon.com/PolarPro-Remote-Tablet-Extension-Extender/dp/B06Y5Y9NP5
and will post back here with pictures on how it works .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl