Best case for Vision+

Dirty Bird said:
Need to bring the Vision+ and my Meade LX200 telescope! Fly all day, stargaze all night. I'll squeeze Patron time in there somewhere! ;)

Thought you'd be up for a bit of night flying mate? Darling harbour style :)

Check out B& H Photo's HPRC HP2700WPHA2
2700WPHA2 Hard Case for DJI Phantom 2 Vision Quadcopter with Wheels

Be sure you get the wheels version. Fits my V+ well.

I've been using the pelican 1510, little tight but I fit PV2+, 4 batteries, remote, iPad mini & mounting bracket. What I like about it is it firs in overhead on planes. Several flight no issues

I have a 1510 SC for my photo gear. I am impressed it fit in there. That is a solid case. If someone had precast foam, I would use that case over the rest.

Walter said:
I have a 1510 SC for my photo gear. I am impressed it fit in there. That is a solid case. If someone had precast foam, I would use that case over the rest.

I agree molded foam would be nice,I thought a while ago I saw someone that had molded foam for the 1510. If I find it I'll post it, in the meantime I was thinking about going to a craft shop and getting a solid piece of foam and cutting it to spec. Cause the pelican foam was a royal pain to deal with.

I have two GoProfessional cases and love them.

For hiking, this one is fantastic and has pockets everywhere. http://www.goprocases.com/visionbackpac ... ition.aspx
Made for them by military company and looks cool.

For hard case they just came out with one specific for Plus. I spoke to the engineer before it came out and he just wasn't happy using a Vision case for the Vision+ because the + is taller and cramped the shell. So....he designed one that is a little taller to fit the Plus. For my other regular Vision I have the gorprofessional case with handle and wheels. Great.

Dirty Bird said:
I use the GoProfessional Vision case, and it fits perfectly. You can leave the props installed, but I always remove them before I pack things up. There is room for a 5th battery if you leave one inserted into the Phantom. You could actually fit several more batteries into the case if you want to use some of the additional slots.

1dOqRPG3yMmkElNxDvXelPFthBHeTH-sTe5ODnbpQyxB=w445-h543-no

I have this case as well, but wish it had a little more space. Instead of putting spare props in that front slot I put my 7" Nexus tablet there and wedge a few pieces of Styrofoam in front and back to lock it in place. I end up sliding the spare props and tablet mount under the Phantom. If we're doing a video or photo shoot of a house with a lot of trees in the area I'll squeeze the prop guards on top of everything, but I's love to have a case a few inches wider with dedicated slots for prop guards and a 7" tablet and maybe a slot for a foldable hood. But as it stands I made a rigid hood out of cardboard and carry that around anyway.

All in all it's a good case, but for me just misses out on being a perfect case.

Was able to fit everything in pelican 1510. Everything snug but it's good cause it fits in overhead on planes, and since it has handle/wheels made going threw airport easy. One concern I had if anything was going to move around from pulling it along, no issues at all.
(4) batteries
(1) Phantom
(1) controller with mounting bracket (that's why controller at angle)
(1) iPad mini in life case. To right of batteries
(1) tablet sun hood next to iPad
(1) battery charger Velcro to cover right above batteries.
(1) small case right side with controller holds spare AA batteries, SD card & WiFi charging cable
Right infront of bird slot for blades, while in transport have piece foam that covers them so they don't move.
Top of bird small pink bag with small parts

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    735.2 KB · Views: 265
What I found works best for me was to purchase a waterproof carry-on hard case from Amazon (Go Professional Cases Phantom 2 Vision/gopro Hard Case, $208) for when traveling for maximum protection. For everyday use I took a less heavy unused soft-sided carry-on size suitcase with wheels that was in the attic and found that the foam cut-out block fit into it perfectly without modification. This provided extra room around the long edge for other items, like a battery charger, etc. Then I cut some thin foam board to fit in the inside lid pocket to protect the blades from stacking other gear on top of the suitcase. The large outside pockets on the lid provides ample room to store the prop protectors plus a bunch of other things. Now I have the best of both worlds regarding cases.

Maybe next I will see how I can fit the contents into an unused backpack unit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues