Best amplifiers? 2w 3w 4w 5w, can there be too much power?

I agree. The ones I ordered SAY 4 watts but I am not counting on it. But from what I have read and experienced with any amplifier the rating is maximum possible with the highest input power possible. From what I have been reading the P3 power output is not going to fully drive any amps to near their rated power.

There is your problem. Need a directional to ensure the RF is going away from you and not into you. Headaches is one side affect of RF over exposure
This effect was affecting my whole house, i was doing some long range wifi tests years ago, so by doing this using a directional antenna, it means i would possibly give head hakes to everyone in front of me, even inside their houses, this is why there is a 1watt legal limit, it is not nice to expose others to RF overexposure, only to get some extra range on a drone...

Reactions: Ken Hanks
I first want to emphasize that I do respect the reason for power ratings but they have more to do with interference of other consumer products than exposure to hazardous EMF. It's the standard part 15 of FCC.... Phone, cable, radio, etc. companies are transmitting at levels that make our tinkering look like a joke. If say, a 3 watt Wi-Fi router could cause headaches in 1 out of every 10 people then regular Wi-Fi would be killing people in apartment complexes where they may be getting 20 Wi-Fi routers bouncing at them at optimal angles, etc., amplifying the effect. I am NOT saying I don't respect radio waves and electricity in general, but as a former electronic tech for many years (since age 12 or so, then professionally from 17-36). I can tell you that the world is already full of stuff way more hazardous than what we are putting out.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl